Re: hello

  • leafhaskell
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2007
      Mike:
      Any luck locating the Fukuoka farm. I'll be visiting Japan this year
      and would like to see it.

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "bubbabebop" <bubbabebop@...>
      wrote:

      > just joined the group. ive been living in japan for close to three
      > years--teaching english at two high schools in beautiful mountainous
      > nagano ken and organically farming some abandoned rice fields with some
      > other japanese families. im really interested in seeing fukuoka san's
      > fields in shikoku. has anyone been there? does he encourage visitors
      > and how can he be contacted? many thanks
      >
      > mike

    • mike borowski
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2007
        eitan,

        i havent found anything out yet, but when i do ill
        post it to the group. i honestly dont know if he is
        still alive. he would be 97 this year and i know that
        he spoke at the world expo in aichi two years ago.
        whether the man himself is working the land or it has
        been passed on to others im thinking of going in late
        july. will you be in japan then? perhaps we could
        organize a trip together? happy farming...

        Get your own web address.
      • Partha Biswas
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 3, 2007
          DEAR MIKE,

          THINKING FOR SO MANY YEARS, IF MR.FUKUOKA IS ALIVE OR
          NOT.

          IT HAS NOT BEEN POSSIBLE FOR ME TO VISIT JAPAN.

          SO,WE ALL WISHING YOU A VERY VERY GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR
          TRIP TO JAPAN AND PLEASE SEE MR.FUKUOKA ALIVE.WE ALL
          WISH YOU A HAPPY AND SUCCESSFUL JOURNEY.

          PARTHA
          --- mike borowski <bubbabebop@...> wrote:

          > eitan,
          >
          > i havent found anything out yet, but when i do ill
          > post it to the group. i honestly dont know if he is
          > still alive. he would be 97 this year and i know
          > that
          > he spoke at the world expo in aichi two years ago.
          > whether the man himself is working the land or it
          > has
          > been passed on to others im thinking of going in
          > late
          > july. will you be in japan then? perhaps we could
          > organize a trip together? happy farming...

          > Get your own web address.

          The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance
          to do something stupid.
          -- Art Spander

          Partha Biswas, National Park, PO-Naihati, Dt.-N.24 Pargs,743165,West Bengal ,India.Ph.-09231539115

          The fish are biting.
        • pizipozi@rocketmail.com
          Message 4 of 6 , May 31 12:17 AM
            Hello,

            may I introduce myself, my name is Michael. I have been following your posts with big interest. It is amazing how ideas are interchanged between people all over the world, I love the internet for that. I am an Austrian living in Madrid, Spain, and I recently came to know the permaculture movement and I became aware of the problematic situation in which chemical agriculture is today. I was not really aware of this. I have always been living in cities and I have always bought my food in stores and supermarkets. After having read Fukuoka-san´s One-straw-revolution and having seen videos about Bill Mollison and Sepp Holzer I began to become more aware of the problematic health situation of the planet. So I am informing me and thinking about how I can contribute, I am planning to work on an organic farm in my next vacation, maybe some day I will be growing my own food on the roof of my apartment, who knows?
            Maybe you want to know also an austrian pioneer in organic farming, Sepp Holzer, on www.krameterhof.at who began in the 60´s to transform his alpine mountain farm from chemical to natural by observing nature and listening to his dreams and fighting against functionaries. Today he transforms and heals land all over the world.

            So, all the best
            Michael