Re: new member

  • leafhaskell
    Message 1 of 27 , Apr 2, 2007
      Eitan,
      I, too, am living in Arg. and am planning on visiting Japan this year.
      Did you have any luck locating the Fukuoka farm?

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "nogilahnep" <nogilahnep@...>
      wrote:

      > hi, my name is Eitan,i´m from argentina. i want to know how can i go
      > to visit the masanobu fukuoka´s farm. I´m reading one straw revolution
      > and to me it would be realy important if i could go to japan and visit
      > and work in the farm. Please send me any information, i would thank
      > you whit my heart (sorry if my english is not so good). Paz, Eitan.

    • Carlos Enrique Kaiser Winkler
      Message 2 of 27 , Apr 4, 2007
        Saludos to my Andes neighbors Eitan, "leafhaskell" : If it might be of
        interest to you: Here is the adress of the best NF according to M.Fukuoka.
        The farm is called Kalpavruksha. The owner :Bhaskar Save Adress: Village
        Dehri,via Umergam. Dist.Valsad, Gujarad 396170.India. Open to visitors
        each Satturday from 14.00 to 16.00 hrs. This farm is in the center west
        coast of India.
        .. I am travelling there, starting from B.Aires, next week. Mis saludos
        Carlos

        >From: "leafhaskell" <leafhaskell@...>
        >To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [fukuoka_farming] Re: new member
        >Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 12:25:44 -0000
        >
        >Eitan,
        >I, too, am living in Arg. and am planning on visiting Japan this year.
        >Did you have any luck locating the Fukuoka farm?
        >
        >--- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "nogilahnep" <nogilahnep@...>
        >wrote:
        > >
        > > hi, my name is Eitan,i´m from argentina. i want to know how can i go
        > > to visit the masanobu fukuoka´s farm. I´m reading one straw revolution
        > > and to me it would be realy important if i could go to japan and visit
        > > and work in the farm. Please send me any information, i would thank
        > > you whit my heart (sorry if my english is not so good). Paz, Eitan.

        MSN Amor: busca tu ½ naranja http://latam.msn.com/amor/
      • Michael Meredith
        Message 3 of 27 , Dec 30, 2008
          Hello, I am a researcher getting into plant research after a long haitus.
          I am studying azomite, charcoal, sonic bloom, and weed farming.
          How about you?
          Michael

        • robin
          Message 4 of 27 , Dec 31, 2008
            ha ha! many of us are into weed farming, also! weeds as in legal ones,
            that is. is that what you mean?***robin

            Michael Meredith <meredith848@...> wrote:

            > Hello, I am a researcher getting into plant research after a long
            haitus.
            > I am studying azomite, charcoal, sonic bloom, and weed farming.
            > How about you?
            > Michael

          • Dieter Brand
            Message 5 of 27 , Dec 31, 2008
              Michael,

              Welcome to the group. "Weed farming" sounds consistent with Natural
              Farming. Tell us more about it.

              Dieter

              On 12/31/08, robin <witchessocks@...> wrote:
              > ha ha! many of us are into weed farming, also! weeds as in legal ones,
              > that is. is that what you mean?***robin
              >
              > Michael Meredith <meredith848@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> Hello, I am a researcher getting into plant research after a long
              > haitus.
              >> I am studying azomite, charcoal, sonic bloom, and weed farming.
              >> How about you?
              >> Michael

            • Michael Meredith
              Message 6 of 27 , Dec 31, 2008
                I stomp the weeds down, weigh the bushes down with corn stalks, and the melons can grow on top of that. The roots prevent erosion, animal habitat is not lost, I save time. I have an undeveloped garden area.
                Michael

                ________________________________

                On 12/31/08, robin <witchessocks@ yahoo.com> wrote:
                > ha ha! many of us are into weed farming, also! weeds as in legal ones,
                > that is. is that what you mean?***robin
                >
                > Michael Meredith <meredith848@ ...> wrote:
                >>
                >> Hello, I am a researcher getting into plant research after a long
                > haitus.
                >> I am studying azomite, charcoal, sonic bloom, and weed farming.
                >> How about you?
                >> Michael

              • Dieter Brand
                Message 7 of 27 , Dec 31, 2008
                  Michael,

                  That sounds a lot like "mulched gardening", which is of course fine in
                  its own right. I imagined something like "sod culture" when you
                  talked about "weed farming". Sod culture is nothing new in orchards
                  but can present a challenge in vegetable cultivation.

                  Dieter

                  On 12/31/08, Michael Meredith <meredith848@...> wrote:
                  > I stomp the weeds down, weigh the bushes down with corn stalks, and the
                  > melons can grow on top of that. The roots prevent erosion, animal habitat is
                  > not lost, I save time. I have an undeveloped garden area.
                  > Michael
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • Michael Meredith
                  Message 8 of 27 , Dec 31, 2008
                    Its a cross between the two, adapted to local weeds.
                    I'm also planting squash, beans, and corn together(the three sisters),
                    evidently grown in all the americas, including Chile.
                    Michael

                    ________________________________

                    On 12/31/08, Michael Meredith <meredith848@ yahoo.com> wrote:
                    > I stomp the weeds down, weigh the bushes down with corn stalks, and the
                    > melons can grow on top of that. The roots prevent erosion, animal habitat is
                    > not lost, I save time. I have an undeveloped garden area.
                    > Michael
                    >

                    > ____________ _________ _________ __

                  • drey_lim
                    Message 9 of 27 , Mar 1, 2009
                      Hello to all,

                      Let me introduced myself, my name is Andry Lim and I came from Davao
                      City Philippines. Our farming technique refers to the Korean natural
                      farming using indigenous microorganism and enzymes this we applied and
                      adopted for the production of farmstead produced farm inputs to plants
                      and animals. We find it appropriate to teach the technology to
                      Filipino farmers and can be duplicated by small scale farmers to
                      medium scale production units and it has proven very effective. It's
                      concept is integrated to livestock and aquaculture. We teach farmer to
                      plant leguminous trees (fodder) as food for pigs, goats, chicken and
                      fish to sustain one single farm operation.
                      My intention in joining the group is to learn more about fukuoka
                      technology from the expert within the group and if given a chance,
                      exchanged and share the same passion for natural farming our practice,
                      success story in the Philippines by Filipino farmers who embraces the
                      technology of zero chemical and zero tillage and it’s love for nature.
                      Our earth is screaming for help!

                      Andry K Lim
                      Davao City Philippines