black insects in my rice garden dikes

  • Sara Mandal-Joy
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2007
      Hi, I dug the dikes for my rice paddy last month. I have a tiny black
      bug growing madly in the surface of the water in the dikes after rains
      last week. They are very tiny, but crowd together looking like a layer of
      charcoal dust. They seem to have wings, and some of them seem to be
      turning whitish. Any idea of what these are and if I need to so
      something to get rid of them? If so, what I can I do that is not harmful?
      Thanks, Sara