meeting

  • michiyoshibuya
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 16, 2007
      Hello,
      This is Michiyo from Japan.

      I would like to hear your opinions about the possibilities for a
      meeting concerning natural farming.

      European friends brought up this topic to me and we all feel the
      need to share our progress and achievement to date, and to get
      together for the first time to see who is doing what in different
      regions of the world. So it will not be a formal conference type of
      meeting, but we are thinking about a small report session.

      At this point, I would like to know who can give a tangible report--
      written document, photograph, or video on an individual natural
      farmer's or communities' achievement made by seedball technique, no-
      till farming or other low-imput farming who share Fukuoka's
      philosophy.
      I am also interested in hearing what is now happening to the farms
      whose photographs are in the last Fukuoka's book(the collection of
      photographs). Please update me with their activities if anyone has
      information.

      If there's anyone who wants to share your personal experiences or
      know of anyone who have something to say, please let me know or
      respond to this thread.

      Any comments or suggestions appreciated, too.

      Sincerely,
      Michiyo
    • Sumant Joshi
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 27, 2011
        Dear all,
        I know this is my third mail of the day. But I am sending it separately so you don't miss it.
        I want to plan a meeting of our group at my place in Nashik. The basic infrastructure is ready. Please give me your inputs regarding the following points:
        1) Suitable/ convenient dates. Right now it is raining cats and dogs here and we will have to plan sometime between Sep 2011 to Mar 2012.2) Itinerary, where would you all like to visit. Maybe some of the natural farms here in India.3) Agenda for the meet.4) Any other suggestions.
        we will have to plan fast so the necessary travel arrangements can be made in time, centrally.

        Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone

        Warm regards,

        Sumant Joshi
        Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161

      • richapant
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 1, 2011
          Dear Sumant,
          please let me know where you all decide to meet. My father or I would certainly like to be there.
          If you still haven't decided on a place-- you are more than welcome to come to our farm in Uttarakhand.
          The farm has just been acquired and the place is ripe for experimentation at all levels as its soil has never been contaminated by chemicals.
          Accommodation would have to be in tents and we would be happy to host everyone if they were to come.
          Cheers,
          Richa

          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 2, 2011
            Yours is only the second response to the meeting idea. Maybe people aren't interested. Lets wait and see.
            Uttarakhand seems to be an exciting place to visit. That is one place we haven't yet visited.

            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 4, 2011
              Sumant even if there are a few people, we could still have a lovely meeting.
              At least exchange ideas and perhaps advise us on what to do with our virgin
              farm--- so ready for a change.

              On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 5:18 PM, Sumant Joshi <sumant_jo@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Yours is only the second response to the meeting idea. Maybe people aren't
              > interested. Lets wait and see.
              > Uttarakhand seems to be an exciting place to visit. That is one place we
              > haven't yet visited.
              >
              > Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone
              >
              > Warm regards,
              >
              > Sumant Joshi
              > Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161

              +91 9811112068

              ' How weak and thin are our dreams and desires, how insubstantial the
              intrigues of politics and everyday life compared with the cold winds of
              Kars. It is because we failed to find happiness in poetry that we found
              ourselves hiding in the shadow of politics '
              Orhan Pamuk, in 'Snow'

            • Harish Amur
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 4, 2011
                I did think of responding. However I felt that my efforts towards NF are so
                tiny that I would feel like a dwarf among giants!! In addition, this is the
                first year of my relocation to my current place of stay. I am not certain
                about the free time that I would have.

                Sorry for not responding earlier.

                Regards,
                Harish

                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 5, 2011
                  Hey, not an issue at all. Maybe people aren't really interested because they are busy unlike me. And there are no dwarfs or giants in anything, only less or more experience. It's a learning curve, remember? our cup must always be empty. At least you have started NF.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 5, 2011
                    I wonder if you have read about permaculture and food forest. Very interesting!!You could also visit Mr Vasant Futane's farm in Maharashtra when you visit Hoshangabad. Rajuji will tell you about it. He has sent a post on it in the past. Read about it here:
                    please convey my regards to your Dad

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 5, 2011
                      Dear Sumantji

                      Greetings !

                      I am interested in meeting.

                      Regards

                      Anant Joglekar

                      Sent with Best Compliments -
                      Call me at-
                      +919423089706 / +917232245567 / +917232288724
                      Post me at-
                      Anant Joglekar, Secretary and C.E.O; Organic Linkage On-line Multipurpose
                      Organisation, 9,Patrakar Nagar, Yavatmal Maharashtra State, India 445001

                      Meet me at-
                      yahoo- apjoglekar / skype- orgagro / trade manager- orgagro

                      BE ORGANIC - BUY ORGANIC - LIVE ORGANIC

                      ________________________________
                      Sumant even if there are a few people, we could still have a lovely meeting.
                      At least exchange ideas and perhaps advise us on what to do with our virgin
                      farm--- so ready for a change.

                      On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 5:18 PM, Sumant Joshi <sumant_jo@...> wrote:

                      > **
                      >

                      > Yours is only the second response to the meeting idea. Maybe people aren't
                      > interested. Lets wait and see.
                      > Uttarakhand seems to be an exciting place to visit. That is one place we
                      > haven't yet visited.
                      >
                      > Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone
                      >
                      > Warm regards,
                      >
                      > Sumant Joshi
                      > Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161

                    • Boovarahan Srinivasan
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 7, 2011
                        May I make a suggestion ?

                        Instead of meeting and resting at a single farm , why not we visit four or
                        five farms resting in each farm for , say , a couple of days ?

                        Seniors like Sri Rajuji can give lectures and demos to the benefit of all
                        others .

                        And many NFs can be the hosts .

                        Thanks.

                        On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Anant Joglekar <apjoglekar@...>wrote:

                        > **
                        >

                        > Dear Sumantji
                        >
                        > Greetings !
                        >
                        > I am interested in meeting.
                        >
                        > Regards
                        >
                        > Anant Joglekar
                        >
                        > Sent with Best Compliments -
                        > Call me at-
                        > +919423089706 / +917232245567 / +917232288724
                        > Post me at-
                        > Anant Joglekar, Secretary and C.E.O; Organic Linkage On-line Multipurpose
                        > Organisation, 9,Patrakar Nagar, Yavatmal Maharashtra State, India 445001
                        >
                        > Meet me at-
                        > yahoo- apjoglekar / skype- orgagro / trade manager- orgagro
                        >
                        > BE ORGANIC - BUY ORGANIC - LIVE ORGANIC
                        >
                        > ____
                        >

                        > Boovarahan S

                        Chennai.
                        09962662717 (Vodafone) , 08825889492 (Videocon)

                      • Sumant Joshi
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 7, 2011
                          Absolutely!! thats what I had in mind when I said we need time to make travel arrangements.
                          Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone

                          Warm regards,

                          Sumant Joshi
                          Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161

                            Instead of meeting and resting at a single farm , why not we visit four or
                            five farms resting in each farm for , say , a couple of days ?

                            Seniors like Sri Rajuji can give lectures and demos to the benefit of all
                            others .

                            And many NFs can be the hosts .

                            Thanks.

                            On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Anant Joglekar <apjoglekar@...>wrote:

                            > **
                            >

                            > Dear Sumantji
                            >
                            > Greetings !
                            >
                            > I am interested in meeting.
                            >
                            > Regards
                            >
                            > Anant Joglekar
                            >
                            > Sent with Best Compliments -
                            > Call me at-
                            > +919423089706 / +917232245567 / +917232288724
                            > Post me at-
                            > Anant Joglekar, Secretary and C.E.O; Organic Linkage On-line Multipurpose
                            > Organisation, 9,Patrakar Nagar, Yavatmal Maharashtra State, India 445001
                            >
                            > Meet me at-
                            > yahoo- apjoglekar / skype- orgagro / trade manager- orgagro
                            >
                            > BE ORGANIC - BUY ORGANIC - LIVE ORGANIC
                            >
                            > ____
                            >

                            > Boovarahan S

                            Chennai.
                            09962662717 (Vodafone) , 08825889492 (Videocon)

                          • Do bigha Zameen
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 9, 2011
                              Dear sumantji,

                              count me in, will be happy to help out with as & when possible & i am still
                              struggling with some critical areas of NF, hope to reach some clarity with
                              practice over the coming years.

                              best,

                              Arjun

                              Message 14 of 14 , Jul 10, 2011
                                Great!! that makes four of us. lets see how many more are interested.