Fwd: [icppc] Next push to reject the Virrankoski document

  • Elsa Santos
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2007
      Dear Friends,

      The next 6 weeks will be a crucial time to pursuade MEPs to reject the Virrankoski proposal (the document, recommending a major move to GM technology) so that at the European Parlaiment Plenary session on March 14th as many as possible vote NO to GMO.
      Just to remind you: at this session ALL European Parliamentarians will be invited and voting.

      So, below we have listed some more suggestions for getting their attention and raising their awareness.
      Targetting MEP's on a country by country basis is the only way we can reach them all. So concentrate on YOUR MEPs! Yes, go for it .... NOW is always the best time!!

      With kind regards,
      Jadwiga Lopata and Julian Rose
      ICPPC - International Coalition to Protect the Polish Countryside,
      34-146 Strysz«Ñw 156, Poland tel./fax +48 33 8797114
      biuro@icppc. pl www.gmo.icppc. pl www.eko-cel. pl

      TO LOBBY MEP's PLEASE DO IT:

      1. Organize a meeting with your MEPs. Show them one of the films about GMO threats (Like: 'Life running out of control" or 'The future of food"). Organize two tables with foods: one with good quality, traditional, local foods; second with GMO foods. After the film invite your MEPs to the party. Invite press. Most likely all MEPs will go to the table with traditional foods. Make photos, ask them questions why they choose this food not GMO. Involve press!

      2. Send by e-mail and fax a LETTER (http://icppc. pl/pl/gmo/ eng_index. php?id=eng_ eu_a) to your MEPs. Or better
      compose your own letter. Send your e-mail with a title 'Will you be re-elected?'

      3. Phone to your MEPs and ask them how they will vote at the plenary session?

      NOTICE: If you make a list of e-mails of MEPs from your country please send this to us. We will put on our website to help others.