Re: [fukuoka_farming] Seeking natural farmers in Asia and Oceania

  • burt levy
    Message 1 of 6 , May 16, 2002
      --Go to Mr.Fukuokas' farm on the island of Shikoku. If
      you do that then it would be interesting to hear of
      your experience. Good luck.- Kyle Holzhueter
      <kyleholzhueter@...> wrote:
      > I would like to contact people practicing natural
      > farming in Asia and
      > Oceania, i.e. India, Thailand, Japan, Australia, New
      > Zealand, etc. I teach
      > English in Wakayama-Prefecture, Japan. After school
      > and on the weekends I
      > work with Mr. Hashimoto, an organic vegetable and
      > rice farmer. Mr.
      > Hashimoto has one no-till field following Mr.
      > Kawaguchi�fs method. Mr.
      > Kawaguchi uses permanent raised beds and cover crops
      > for weed control and
      > green manure. Mr. Hashimoto and I would like to try
      > Mr. Fukuoka�fs method
      > of direct seeding no-tillage rice-barley succession
      > and semi-wild vegetable
      > production. I would like to visit people practicing
      > natural farming in Asia
      > and/or Oceania. Any information regarding natural
      > farming in Asia and
      > Oceania would be greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > Kyle Holzhueter

      LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
      http://launch.yahoo.com
    • Rajaram
      Message 2 of 6 , May 18, 2002
        we (my wife and i) are just starting out to do natural farming on a two
        acre plot in a remote village in south india and will keep you posted on
        how things are going. meanwhile, there are a number of organic farmers in
        india, but sadly not many natural farmers. one of them is cherkady
        ramachandra rao near udupi, karnataka, india who i am told has been doing
        wonders on a one hectare plot for the past four decades...one, i have
        visited near kollegal, karnataka, owned by kailash murthy grows mango,
        drumstick, areca, mulberry and coconut. not much other variety.
        rajaram

        At 12:58 AM 5/16/02 +0000, you wrote:
        >I would like to contact people practicing natural farming in Asia and
        >Oceania, i.e. India, Thailand, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, etc. I teach
        >English in Wakayama-Prefecture, Japan. After school and on the weekends I
        >work with Mr. Hashimoto, an organic vegetable and rice farmer. Mr.
        >Hashimoto has one no-till field following Mr. Kawaguchifs method. Mr.
        >Kawaguchi uses permanent raised beds and cover crops for weed control and
        >green manure. Mr. Hashimoto and I would like to try Mr. Fukuokafs method
        >of direct seeding no-tillage rice-barley succession and semi-wild vegetable
        >production. I would like to visit people practicing natural farming in Asia
        >and/or Oceania. Any information regarding natural farming in Asia and
        >Oceania would be greatly appreciated.
        >
        >Sincerely,
        >Kyle Holzhueter

      • Kyle Holzhueter
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 3, 2002
          Rajaram,

          Thank you for contacting me. I will let you know how my plans develop. Do
          you know if the Friends Rural Centre at Rasulia in Hoshangabad district,
          Madhya Pradesh is still practicing natural farming?

          Kyle

          >we (my wife and i) are just starting out to do natural farming on a two
          >acre plot in a remote village in south india and will keep you posted on
          >how things are going. meanwhile, there are a number of organic farmers in
          >india, but sadly not many natural farmers. one of them is cherkady
          >ramachandra rao near udupi, karnataka, india who i am told has been doing
          >wonders on a one hectare plot for the past four decades...one, i have
          >visited near kollegal, karnataka, owned by kailash murthy grows mango,
          >drumstick, areca, mulberry and coconut. not much other variety.
          > rajaram
          >
          >At 12:58 AM 5/16/02 +0000, you wrote:
          > >I would like to contact people practicing natural farming in Asia and
          > >Oceania, i.e. India, Thailand, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, etc. I
          >teach
          > >English in Wakayama-Prefecture, Japan. After school and on the weekends
          > >work with Mr. Hashimoto, an organic vegetable and rice farmer. Mr.
          > >Hashimoto has one no-till field following Mr. Kawaguchi�fs method. Mr.
          > >Kawaguchi uses permanent raised beds and cover crops for weed control and
          > >green manure. Mr. Hashimoto and I would like to try Mr. Fukuoka�fs
          >method
          > >of direct seeding no-tillage rice-barley succession and semi-wild
          >vegetable
          > >production. I would like to visit people practicing natural farming in
          >Asia
          > >and/or Oceania. Any information regarding natural farming in Asia and
          > >Oceania would be greatly appreciated.
          > >
          > >Sincerely,
          > >Kyle Holzhueter

        • emilia
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 3, 2002
            hello Kyle,
            could u please tell us more about Mr. Hashimoto's work?
            and do u live far from Fukuoka-san? would perhaps be possible for u to meet
            him, his family in relation to the future of his work, his books?