8th International Permaculture Conference to be held in Brazil in May 2007.

  • agustínguzmán
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2007
      W elcome to the 8th International Permaculture Conference and Convergence (IPC8) to be held in Brazil in May 2007. Traditionally IPCs take place every two years and switch between continents. Past host sites have been Australia, USA, New Zealand, Scandinavia, Nepal and Croatia. 2007 is the year of Latin America!
      The Theme of the Conference will be: Greening our Economy with the Principles of Permaculture.
      Permaculture is an ecological design science for creating efficient, productive, and self-sustaining systems that serve human communities and evolve into dynamic and regenerative relationships with the surrounding environment. As such, the promise of Permaculture extends far beyond food production systems to our entire economy. How we can use the principles of permaculture to green the global economy will be the theme of the 2007 Permaculture Convergence in São Paulo, Brazil. By linking the Permaculture concept to the emerging field of green economics we can begin defining what a sustainable global economy might look like and how it can be practically adapted to ensure that human welfare and ecological imperatives are rooted at the center of the model. The theories and language of green economics provide sustainable policies with a compelling argument couched in the powerful language of money and economics.

      The Conference will host international speakers who will present plenaries, workshops and case studies that are directed towards responding to the immediate challenges facing a world that must decide its course. Their work will highlight public policy requirements and the active participation of the business community necessary to encourage sustainable economies at the local, state, and national level. Successful banking strategies, business and innovations will be the three panels during which the themes of global environmental markets, micro-financing, green accounting, certification, complementary currencies and carbon credit exchange will be presented.
      More info:
      http://www.ipc8.org/entrypage.php