new member

  • nogilahnep
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 22, 2007
      hi, my name is Eitan,i´m from argentina. i want to know how can i go
      to visit the masanobu fukuoka´s farm. I´m reading one straw revolution
      and to me it would be realy important if i could go to japan and visit
      and work in the farm. Please send me any information, i would thank
      you whit my heart (sorry if my english is not so good). Paz, Eitan.
    • Bart
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 24, 2007
        Hi Eitan,

        I think Masanobu Fukuoka died, and who knows what happened or is
        happening with his farm. But there are other places where you can
        learn a lot about natural farming... - our own farm in a few years in
        Mexico maybe ;)
        Meanwhile you can have a look in the "links" section of this group,
        and don't forget to check out the "Natural Farming and Zen" post
        earlier...

        saludos,
        Bart
      • leafhaskell
        Message 3 of 27 , Apr 2 5:25 AM
          Eitan,
          I, too, am living in Arg. and am planning on visiting Japan this year.
          Did you have any luck locating the Fukuoka farm?

          --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "nogilahnep" <nogilahnep@...>
          wrote:

          > hi, my name is Eitan,i´m from argentina. i want to know how can i go
          > to visit the masanobu fukuoka´s farm. I´m reading one straw revolution
          > and to me it would be realy important if i could go to japan and visit
          > and work in the farm. Please send me any information, i would thank
          > you whit my heart (sorry if my english is not so good). Paz, Eitan.

        • Carlos Enrique Kaiser Winkler
          Message 4 of 27 , Apr 4 8:23 PM
            Saludos to my Andes neighbors Eitan, "leafhaskell" : If it might be of
            interest to you: Here is the adress of the best NF according to M.Fukuoka.
            The farm is called Kalpavruksha. The owner :Bhaskar Save Adress: Village
            Dehri,via Umergam. Dist.Valsad, Gujarad 396170.India. Open to visitors
            each Satturday from 14.00 to 16.00 hrs. This farm is in the center west
            coast of India.
            .. I am travelling there, starting from B.Aires, next week. Mis saludos
            Carlos

            >From: "leafhaskell" <leafhaskell@...>
            >To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [fukuoka_farming] Re: new member
            >Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 12:25:44 -0000
            >
            >Eitan,
            >I, too, am living in Arg. and am planning on visiting Japan this year.
            >Did you have any luck locating the Fukuoka farm?
            >
            >--- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "nogilahnep" <nogilahnep@...>
            >wrote:
            > >
            > > hi, my name is Eitan,i´m from argentina. i want to know how can i go
            > > to visit the masanobu fukuoka´s farm. I´m reading one straw revolution
            > > and to me it would be realy important if i could go to japan and visit
            > > and work in the farm. Please send me any information, i would thank
            > > you whit my heart (sorry if my english is not so good). Paz, Eitan.

            MSN Amor: busca tu ½ naranja http://latam.msn.com/amor/
          • Michael Meredith
            Message 5 of 27 , Dec 30, 2008
              Hello, I am a researcher getting into plant research after a long haitus.
              I am studying azomite, charcoal, sonic bloom, and weed farming.
              How about you?
              Michael

            • robin
              Message 6 of 27 , Dec 31, 2008
                ha ha! many of us are into weed farming, also! weeds as in legal ones,
                that is. is that what you mean?***robin

                Michael Meredith <meredith848@...> wrote:

                > Hello, I am a researcher getting into plant research after a long
                haitus.
                > I am studying azomite, charcoal, sonic bloom, and weed farming.
                > How about you?
                > Michael

              • Dieter Brand
                Message 7 of 27 , Dec 31, 2008
                  Michael,

                  Welcome to the group. "Weed farming" sounds consistent with Natural
                  Farming. Tell us more about it.

                  Dieter

                  On 12/31/08, robin <witchessocks@...> wrote:
                  > ha ha! many of us are into weed farming, also! weeds as in legal ones,
                  > that is. is that what you mean?***robin
                  >
                  > Michael Meredith <meredith848@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> Hello, I am a researcher getting into plant research after a long
                  > haitus.
                  >> I am studying azomite, charcoal, sonic bloom, and weed farming.
                  >> How about you?
                  >> Michael

                • Michael Meredith
                  Message 8 of 27 , Dec 31, 2008
                    I stomp the weeds down, weigh the bushes down with corn stalks, and the melons can grow on top of that. The roots prevent erosion, animal habitat is not lost, I save time. I have an undeveloped garden area.
                    Michael

                    ________________________________

                    On 12/31/08, robin <witchessocks@ yahoo.com> wrote:
                    > ha ha! many of us are into weed farming, also! weeds as in legal ones,
                    > that is. is that what you mean?***robin
                    >
                    > Michael Meredith <meredith848@ ...> wrote:
                    >>
                    >> Hello, I am a researcher getting into plant research after a long
                    > haitus.
                    >> I am studying azomite, charcoal, sonic bloom, and weed farming.
                    >> How about you?
                    >> Michael

                  • Dieter Brand
                    Message 9 of 27 , Dec 31, 2008
                      Michael,

                      That sounds a lot like "mulched gardening", which is of course fine in
                      its own right. I imagined something like "sod culture" when you
                      talked about "weed farming". Sod culture is nothing new in orchards
                      but can present a challenge in vegetable cultivation.

                      Dieter

                      On 12/31/08, Michael Meredith <meredith848@...> wrote:
                      > I stomp the weeds down, weigh the bushes down with corn stalks, and the
                      > melons can grow on top of that. The roots prevent erosion, animal habitat is
                      > not lost, I save time. I have an undeveloped garden area.
                      > Michael
                      >

                      > ________________________________

                    • Michael Meredith
                      Message 10 of 27 , Dec 31, 2008
                        Its a cross between the two, adapted to local weeds.
                        I'm also planting squash, beans, and corn together(the three sisters),
                        evidently grown in all the americas, including Chile.
                        Michael

                        ________________________________

                        On 12/31/08, Michael Meredith <meredith848@ yahoo.com> wrote:
                        > I stomp the weeds down, weigh the bushes down with corn stalks, and the
                        > melons can grow on top of that. The roots prevent erosion, animal habitat is
                        > not lost, I save time. I have an undeveloped garden area.
                        > Michael
                        >

                        > ____________ _________ _________ __

                      • drey_lim
                        Message 11 of 27 , Mar 1, 2009
                          Hello to all,

                          Let me introduced myself, my name is Andry Lim and I came from Davao
                          City Philippines. Our farming technique refers to the Korean natural
                          farming using indigenous microorganism and enzymes this we applied and
                          adopted for the production of farmstead produced farm inputs to plants
                          and animals. We find it appropriate to teach the technology to
                          Filipino farmers and can be duplicated by small scale farmers to
                          medium scale production units and it has proven very effective. It's
                          concept is integrated to livestock and aquaculture. We teach farmer to
                          plant leguminous trees (fodder) as food for pigs, goats, chicken and
                          fish to sustain one single farm operation.
                          My intention in joining the group is to learn more about fukuoka
                          technology from the expert within the group and if given a chance,
                          exchanged and share the same passion for natural farming our practice,
                          success story in the Philippines by Filipino farmers who embraces the
                          technology of zero chemical and zero tillage and it’s love for nature.
                          Our earth is screaming for help!

                          Andry K Lim
                          Davao City Philippines