hello

  • alland padgett leon
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 6, 2007
      My name is Alland Padgett and I know very little
      about this kind of farming except for the fact that
      represents a light of hope in these times.
      I hope I can bring some of this knowledege to
      Mexico(I live in California now)and/or find people
      over there already working on it.
      I am not a farmer but I love Nature and I believe
      this is just a natural consecuence of this
      love:actually doing something for Her.
      Greetings to everyone in the list,
      Alland Padgett

      Correo Yahoo!
    • bubbabebop
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 21, 2007
        just joined the group. ive been living in japan for close to three
        years--teaching english at two high schools in beautiful mountainous
        nagano ken and organically farming some abandoned rice fields with some
        other japanese families. im really interested in seeing fukuoka san's
        fields in shikoku. has anyone been there? does he encourage visitors
        and how can he be contacted? many thanks

        mike
      • leafhaskell
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2007
          Mike:
          Any luck locating the Fukuoka farm. I'll be visiting Japan this year
          and would like to see it.

          --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "bubbabebop" <bubbabebop@...>
          wrote:

          > just joined the group. ive been living in japan for close to three
          > years--teaching english at two high schools in beautiful mountainous
          > nagano ken and organically farming some abandoned rice fields with some
          > other japanese families. im really interested in seeing fukuoka san's
          > fields in shikoku. has anyone been there? does he encourage visitors
          > and how can he be contacted? many thanks
          >
          > mike

        • mike borowski
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 3, 2007
            eitan,

            i havent found anything out yet, but when i do ill
            post it to the group. i honestly dont know if he is
            still alive. he would be 97 this year and i know that
            he spoke at the world expo in aichi two years ago.
            whether the man himself is working the land or it has
            been passed on to others im thinking of going in late
            july. will you be in japan then? perhaps we could
            organize a trip together? happy farming...

            Get your own web address.
          • Partha Biswas
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 3, 2007
              DEAR MIKE,

              THINKING FOR SO MANY YEARS, IF MR.FUKUOKA IS ALIVE OR
              NOT.

              IT HAS NOT BEEN POSSIBLE FOR ME TO VISIT JAPAN.

              SO,WE ALL WISHING YOU A VERY VERY GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR
              TRIP TO JAPAN AND PLEASE SEE MR.FUKUOKA ALIVE.WE ALL
              WISH YOU A HAPPY AND SUCCESSFUL JOURNEY.

              PARTHA
              --- mike borowski <bubbabebop@...> wrote:

              > eitan,
              >
              > i havent found anything out yet, but when i do ill
              > post it to the group. i honestly dont know if he is
              > still alive. he would be 97 this year and i know
              > that
              > he spoke at the world expo in aichi two years ago.
              > whether the man himself is working the land or it
              > has
              > been passed on to others im thinking of going in
              > late
              > july. will you be in japan then? perhaps we could
              > organize a trip together? happy farming...

              > Get your own web address.

              The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance
              to do something stupid.
              -- Art Spander

              Partha Biswas, National Park, PO-Naihati, Dt.-N.24 Pargs,743165,West Bengal ,India.Ph.-09231539115

              The fish are biting.
            • pizipozi@rocketmail.com
              Message 6 of 6 , May 31, 2009
                Hello,

                may I introduce myself, my name is Michael. I have been following your posts with big interest. It is amazing how ideas are interchanged between people all over the world, I love the internet for that. I am an Austrian living in Madrid, Spain, and I recently came to know the permaculture movement and I became aware of the problematic situation in which chemical agriculture is today. I was not really aware of this. I have always been living in cities and I have always bought my food in stores and supermarkets. After having read Fukuoka-san´s One-straw-revolution and having seen videos about Bill Mollison and Sepp Holzer I began to become more aware of the problematic health situation of the planet. So I am informing me and thinking about how I can contribute, I am planning to work on an organic farm in my next vacation, maybe some day I will be growing my own food on the roof of my apartment, who knows?
                Maybe you want to know also an austrian pioneer in organic farming, Sepp Holzer, on www.krameterhof.at who began in the 60´s to transform his alpine mountain farm from chemical to natural by observing nature and listening to his dreams and fighting against functionaries. Today he transforms and heals land all over the world.

                So, all the best
                Michael