Re: [fukuoka_farming] What sort of seeds have you tried with the seed balls

  • Rex Teague
    Message 1 of 2 , May 12 1:41 PM
      On 12 May 02, dianamoore2000 wrote:

      > I would like to hear from people who have successfully thrown the
      > > seed balls with different types of seeds.

      My seedballing endeavours haven't been a rip-snorting success! 8-]

      > I am interested in what sort of seeds you have tried this with and
      > any problems that you have had.

      Mainly an assortment of Eucalyptus plus New Zealand native shrubs.
      Reasons for the lack of success I can only speculate on, my feeling is
      I need to pay more attention to scarifying the seed.

      Direct seeding of Tagasaste (Chamaecytisus palmenis) duff into
      shallow furrows (± 20cm/8") has been pleasingly successful. The
      area is higher and drying and I'm optimistic they will survive this time.

      HTH... Rex