RE: [fukuoka_farming] Started reading Natural Farming BOOK

  • Frank Stancato
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 18, 2006
      Ingrid Bauer / Jean-Claude, my father taught me a long time ago to put any
      organic matter from the house directly into the soil. At times this was a
      challenge, especially if it was hot or the ground was frozen, but the
      results were always fantastic.

      We always seemed to have the happiest garden in the area. Whether it was
      from the direct addition of organics to it or the fact that dad made wine
      and apple jack, putting all of the material into the garden (he did till the
      garden that time of year).

      He also went so far as to aerate the lawn, the plugs went into the mulch
      pile that was from the leaves and manure he would have delivered, always in
      the summer and always at the bottom of the driveway so I would have
      something to do. And the mature mulch would be racked over the lawn, filling
      the plug wholes.

      Frank