What sort of seeds have you tried with the seed balls

  • dianamoore2000
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2002
      I would like to hear from people who have successfully thrown the
      seed balls with different types of seeds.

      I am interested in what sort of seeds you have tried this with and
      any problems that you have had.

      Kind regards
      Diana
      http://artbydianamoore.homestead.com
      http://www.cafepress.com/omsymbol
    • Rex Teague
      Message 2 of 2 , May 12, 2002
        On 12 May 02, dianamoore2000 wrote:

        > I would like to hear from people who have successfully thrown the
        > > seed balls with different types of seeds.

        My seedballing endeavours haven't been a rip-snorting success! 8-]

        > I am interested in what sort of seeds you have tried this with and
        > any problems that you have had.

        Mainly an assortment of Eucalyptus plus New Zealand native shrubs.
        Reasons for the lack of success I can only speculate on, my feeling is
        I need to pay more attention to scarifying the seed.

        Direct seeding of Tagasaste (Chamaecytisus palmenis) duff into
        shallow furrows (± 20cm/8") has been pleasingly successful. The
        area is higher and drying and I'm optimistic they will survive this time.

        HTH... Rex