Manikis Panagiotis farm info!

  • earthhobbit82
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2006
      Hi friends !!
      MY name is Matthew and am24 years old and have currently joined this group after a
      friend of mine told me about it!! He brought me in contact with the work and books about
      Masanobu Fukuoka and after read One straw revolution!! He also told me about the work of
      Manikis Panagiotis and his farm in Greece ! Was after info about volunteering at the farm of
      Manikis Panagiotis? I am very intrested in continuing my learning in organic farming and
      reforesting! I have recently returned from south america where i have been studying organic
      agriculture and reforestation............... where i also came across the seed ball method!!
      Any info or help would be a blessing!
      Thanks to all!!
      Matthew
    • Matthew Bond
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2006
        G'day Matthew,

        Please tell us more about Manikis Panagiotis.

        Matthew.
        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "earthhobbit82"
        <earthhobbit82@...> wrote:

        > Hi friends !!
        > MY name is Matthew and am24 years old and have currently
        joined this group after a
        > friend of mine told me about it!! He brought me in contact with the
        work and books about
        > Masanobu Fukuoka and after read One straw revolution!! He also told
        me about the work of
        > Manikis Panagiotis and his farm in Greece ! Was after info about
        volunteering at the farm of
        > Manikis Panagiotis? I am very intrested in continuing my learning in
        organic farming and
        > reforesting! I have recently returned from south america where i
        have been studying organic
        > agriculture and reforestation............... where i also came
        across the seed ball method!!
        > Any info or help would be a blessing!
        > Thanks to all!!
        > Matthew

      • karoubas
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 14, 2006
          Dear Mathew,
          I have posted this info before but here it is.

          Panos Manikis number is 2381-0-27-312 the country
          code for greece is 30
          you should call in the evenings 7-830 or in the mornings before 8 AM
          greek time. He is hard to get a hold of - he recently moved again to
          new quarters - he could not stay at his farm because his neighbors
          spray chemicals for their trees - so it was not a healthy environment
          to be breathing this sh---t. We build a cabin up on a hill near his
          farm but far away from the spraying. He plans on having guests in the
          summer - you should call him.

          I have been silently following the discussions of this group with
          interest - my own journey through this natural farming experience has
          been very pleasant. My farm is getting fertile year by year - i have
          planted about 100 trees - i have much to learn - have made mistakes.
          My project to plant 1,000 trees in the nearby park ( was burned 10
          years ago or so)is moving along. I hope to have good results in the
          spring and in the summer, and I will post photos in the spring.

          Kostas