Re: Re: [fukuoka_farming] Institut Agrinat

  • Ingrid Bauer / Jean-Claude Catry
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 20, 2006
      <Why not just wait for the rain and distribute the seed while it's
      raining? Perhaps this has been tried I don't know. What do birds
      do if it's raining? (that is a serious question btw, I really have
      no clue in that regard) >

      In nature hundred to thousands of seeds are sown for a few to reach maturity . to save on seeds masanobu used clay balls . any seeds on the surface is subject to predation by birds, insects etc..

      naturally many seeds have their own package to minimise predation like the daikon radish from which masanobu got the idea of the clay ball .

      jean-claude