Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: fertility of seeds within seedballs

  • Anuradha Desikan Eswar
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 19 5:43 PM
      Thanks a ton Michiyo! We shall spend time experimenting some more this year within controlled space and go ahead and get many people to participate like we did last Summer, for scattering for the next year too. You have now given me reasons to think up experiments to check if scattering also should be attempted any time of the year. So far we have only attempted scattering just when the monsoon sets in. We shall test all theories.

      We tried to make seedballs out of harvikia pinnata and pongamia and the seedballs swelled so for the latter and sprouted in 2 days for the former. So for the pinnata we have attemtped to make seedballs by not fully removing the hard shell. Pongamia is best just dibbled I guess. Will test some more once again.

      Meet you soon in Bangalore! Have a safe journey!

      Warm regards