Re: [fukuoka_farming] Digest Number 1207

  • Gary Klaus
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25 6:16 PM
      While I can't evaluate the merits of Principles of Plant Breeding as I
      haven't read it, the fact that it costs over $100 (maybe $85-90 used)
      places it out of reach for most of us. I have read Breed Your Own
      Vegetable Varieties
      <http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b/102-9118829-4810526?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=principles+of+plant+breeding&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go>
      by Carol Deppe, and I recommend it highly. It explains the parts of
      genetics that are important to plant breeding and goes into detail on
      how to do it. She has an engaging and personable style and mixes her
      explanations with a lot of interesting stories about plant breeding.

      gary