Seeking Canadian fukuoka farm

  • earth2rodger
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4 5:33 PM
      Hi all,
      I'm looking for Canadian farms/communities applying any fukuoka farming methods, but
      particularly wrt grain farming. I live in coastal BC, and am planning a drive east with no
      official destination other than a loose goal of Nova Scotia. So anywhere in the country is
      great!

      I am 34, and have been a natural builder for the last 2 years, building and finishing natural
      homes... cob, cordwood, straw, light clay etc.. My main expertise and interest is in cob and
      cordwood, as well as fine earthen plastering and finishing... but I have plenty of experience in
      other realms. I am interested in living and working (or WWOOFing) in a farming situation, in
      a community ideally, but not essential.

      I'd enjoy hearing from anyone who resonates with what I've mentioned.

      Cheers
      Rodger
    • Ingrid Bauer / Jean-Claude Catry
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5 12:20 AM
        hello rodger

        i am living on saltspring island and am practicing natural farming for 15 years ( 6 on the present land ). i will welcome connecting with you .
        jean-claude

      • proaconstrictor
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 14, 2006
          I'd be interested also if there is an example of this kind of this in
          mainland Canada. Or how the priciples play out here.

          Rural Delivery magazine covers some aspects of organic gardening in
          the Maritimes. The reports aren't too encouraging here since there
          isn't a high end restarant clientel for the output and folks don't
          seem to make a go of it on a purely economic basis. Probably just
          waiting for the right person.

          Not really organic gardening, but organic harvesting maybe... These
          guys are near my farm in New Brunswick though they seem to be in
          eurpe when I am in the NB.

          http://www.scytheconnection.com/