Welcome to new members

  • Gloria C. Baikauskas
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006
      I wanted to take a moment to welcome the new members who have just
      posted. The group has not been particularly active
      recently.....probably vacation time for some.

      Your move to learn through an on campus gardening group is a good
      one, abhi...hope I spelled your name right. I am replying to several
      posts and didn't copy them. You might consider woofing for a while
      on a fukuoka style farm, or a permaculture farm to get more
      experience. That is where you volunteer to do work on farms that are
      operational and have openings. If you search the posts here I know
      you can find the URL. I think it is something like
      http://www.woofing.org Not sure, though.

      It would be something all of you new folks who want to farm at some
      point in the future may want to look into. That way you would be
      able to work from a position of strength and experience...not just
      reading and conversation on these groups.

      I live in Texas on 3 acres of land. I am not actively doing much
      this year because last year I was ill...and the early part of this
      year had surgeries. It is also a drought year once more.

      Glad to have you with us.

      Gloria, Texas