Working with mulch

  • George
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2006
      I am interested in other peoples experiences using mulch on vegetable
      gardens (and other uses round the garden). Of specific interest to me is
      what type of mulches are used and what type of regimentation do people have
      fertilising when using mulches.

      As an example, I use stable scraping (untreated wood chip and horse poop)
      under hedges to keep grass down. From time to time I get some yellowing in
      the hedge due to nitrogen being used by the wood chip. I need to add extra
      manure, or occasionally, blood and bone.

      Any shared information welcome. Thanks.

      rob