Source of Fukuoka books

  • melliott@stuartholme.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2001
      I noticed the last few posts re:
      Fukuoka books.

      I reviewed this site (soilandhealth.org)ealier
      this year in my newsletter ClippingZ
      and remebered it had some stuff on Fukuoka.

      I have no relation to the site.

      Hope this helps.

      Regards,

      Michael Elliott

      Editor, ClippingZ -
      On-line Garden Media and Industry News.
      For more information about this free weekly newsletter
      visit: http://www.topica.com/lists/ogmain
      To subscribe send an email to:
      ogmain-subscribe@...

      http://www.soilandhealth.org/01aglibrary/01a.fukuokabuy.html

      Fukuoka's works are available in Indian English editions. They appear to be
      authorized but cannot be exported outside India by anyone other than the
      publisher

      An American Fukuoka enthuaiast named Jim Bradley has been buying these
      direct from the publisher, Bookventure, to distribute to public libraries in
      the US. He has explained the whole situation to me. These are the three ways
      to obtain Fukuoka titles:

      1. From the publisher. Using airmail from the US, it will take 3-4 weeks to
      place and receive an order. You cannot use credit cards; payment must be
      mailed in advance by check drawn in US dollars. You start the process by
      e-mailing to address that follows and requesting a price for the number of
      books you want and the shipping method you want.

      2. Order the same books from Permanent Publications' Earth Repair Catalogue
      (UK). You can order through the net using any credit card. International
      airmail will add 30% to the price, but you will have your books in about a
      week.

      3. US customers can order the same books from Jim Bradley. Start by going to
      his
      website: http://bigfoot.com/~tilth. Jim says, "This is just a hobby for me
      and I use all the net proceeds to put Fukuoka's books in public libraries."
      It will take about a week to order and receive
      the books from him --Jim stresses: US buyers only.

      http://www.soilandhealth.org/01aglibrary/01a.fukuokabuy.html