definition of organic farming

  • arunk sharma
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2006
      Dear Organic believers/followers

      IFOAM invited definition of organicfarming by MAY 31,2006 and I would
      request you kindly send you views onthe IFOAM website.

      I am sharing my views with you all

      Definition

      It is not the defining rather understanding the Nature's system
      ofproduction
      and recycling in which every living being including humanbeing is
      just to
      get as well as return his/her share.

      Key words: 1. Cooperation with Nature, Natives (Local people,
      vegetation,
      animals) andneighbors 2. Decentralized input supply ( no Azadirictin
      in
      place ofNeem extracts or vermicompost in branded bags.) 3. Maintained
      food
      chain(man is herbivorous by nature)

      3. Input optimization (benefit) and notoutput maximization (exploit)
      4.
      Local and seasonal production andconsumption (low input/energy
      required for
      production and maintainedregional nutrient balance).

      5. Addition in tradition ( addition of modern ecofrindly scientific
      understanding in the time tested tradtions for living in
      synergismwith nature)

      Other views

      1. Making a cage ofdefinition with some words is looks like we are
      trying
      to limit/controlnature that is not possible till date. Nature is a
      dynamic
      systemtherefore one definition will not be long lasting.

      2. Organic is aconcept of life near to nature. Thus with organic
      agriculture, anorganic life style and organic mentality is inevitable
      get completesense and sustainability.

      For Performa Please visit the site

      www.ifoam.org/organic_facts/definition_organic_agriculture.html

      Yours sincerely