Million Seedballs Campaign

  • Anuradha Desikan Eswar
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2006
      Dear All
      BCIL-Alt. tech is organizing a not-for-profit venture to conduct a tree planting drive in and around Bangalore. Their intention is to sensitize the urban mind to the environment. To this end, they are starting the Million Seed balls Campaign where all corporate, government organizations and educational institutions are invited to contribute by participating in making seed balls in their organizations/institutions on 5 June 2006. These seed balls will then be scattered by rural groups in the hilly areas outside Bangalore after the first monsoon shower. These rural groups will continue to maintain the area for the next 3 years.

      Please follow the link www.millionseedballs.org for more details.

      Most people want to "do something" for the environment, but don't know 'what' or 'how' to contribute - we are happy to present Bangaloreans that opportunity. You could help by purchasing the 5000 seed ball kit. You could have your employees participate in making the seed balls during a break in their working hours on June 5.

      We are already in touch with TOI, Deccan Herald, NDTV, Radio City and other media channels for publicizing the drive.

      Also, do let us know if you would let us put your company logo on our website to show that you support the cause.

      Do call us if you would like to contribute to greening Bangalore by buying a 5000 seed ball kit @ Rs. 5000/-. We will have our representative come meet you and give your more details on this powerful example of "Bangaloreans rallying together to protect our Environment".

      Looking forward to hearing from you at the earliest.

      Warm regards,

      Radha