Re: it was a good day of peace...

  • witchessocks
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 17, 2006
      better link...my computer skills are lacking...just go to
      volunteertaskforce.org, scroll down to the caption "seedballs are
      sprouting all over los alamos" click on that, then scroll down to the
      white rock seed ball project caption , click, to read about and see
      pictures of "lop and
      scatter".
    • Anuradha Desikan Eswar
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 17, 2006
        Dear friend,
        Thank you so much! This would make me inform the team to prepare the ground better and to study the native species in detail before attempting to get seeds for the seedball making.

        In the actual making of the seedball, should we attempt to introduce the seeds seedball by seedball so as to ensure each seedball has the seed for a tree?

        Warm regards
        Radha
        better link...my computer skills are lacking...just go to
        volunteertaskforce.org, scroll down to the caption "seedballs are
        sprouting all over los alamos" click on that, then scroll down to the
        white rock seed ball project caption , click, to read about and see
        pictures of "lop and
        scatter".

        Organic vegetable gardening Organic seed Masanobu fukuoka

      • Anuradha Desikan Eswar
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 17, 2006
          Also when is the best time to scatter? We have monsoon rains setting in in India which would last for 3 months. A good spell of rain everyday for 3 months. Should we scatter just after the first showers? Or before?

          Also should seedballs be made only just before scattering? Can seedballs be done all through the year and used for scattering just before monsoons? Will it make them rot? what is the maximum time we can have seedballs away from scattering time such that it would not get damaged and would sprout after scattering? I guess this would also depend so much on geographical locations...cold areas versus hot, humid areas...

          Thanks again for your time and thoughts!
          Warm regards
          Radha

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 17, 2006
            Thanks witchessocks,