Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: updated phtos in group Photos

  • rajutitus lal
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 6, 2006
      Dear friend
      No need to do any thing ,roots go deep naturally due to poroueity.Only thing we will have to do is digging at the time of harvasting.Therefore we are changing
      place because we feel digging is also like tilling.--Thanks- Raju

      karoubas <karoubas@...> wrote:
      Thank You Raju,
      I still have questions, and I hope you do not mind.
      After the potatoe plant reaches 10 to 20 centimeters (5 to 8 inches)
      do you cover its base with mulch or soil, where the potatoes will
      grow, or do you leave it with the original mulch?

      Thank You
      Kostas

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, rajutitus lal <rajuktitus@...>
      wrote:

      > Dear friend
      > Thank you very much for seeing photos and nice comments.We grow
      potatos
      > in winter .Winter remain here in nov. to feb.We put potato seede
      under the thick mulch and give water.We do not till nor making hill of
      soil.In some places where we do not having mulch we make hole in soil
      and put potato seed in it .Untilled
      > land having more porasity than tilled.-Raju
      >
      > karoubas <karoubas@...> wrote: Dear Raju,
      > Thank you for your photographs - they are great - a picture is worth a
      > thousand words as they say.
      >
      > Can you please tell us in detail how you plant the potatoes (do you ig
      > the ground and bury them ?), and how do you care for them (do you
      > cover the plant with soil - hilling ? do you water it? )
      >
      > Thank You
      > Kostas
      >

      > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, rajutitus lal <rajuktitus@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Dear friends
      > > I updated the photo albums in ou

      r groups Photo collection.Please
      > see and comment thanks-Raju

      > Organic
      gardening Organic gardening
      magazine Organic gardening pest
      control
      Organic gardening supply
      Organic vegetable gardening
      Organic seed

      Service.

      > ---------------------------------

      Organic gardening Organic gardening magazine Organic gardening pest control Organic gardening supply Organic vegetable gardening Organic seed

    • karoubas
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 6, 2006
        Thank You Raju

        Kostas

        Be well
        Be happy

        wrote:

        > Dear friend
        > No need to do any thing ,roots go deep naturally due to
        poroueity.Only thing we will have to do is digging at the time of
        harvasting.Therefore we are changing
        > place because we feel digging is also like tilling.--Thanks- Raju
        >

        > karoubas <karoubas@...> wrote:
        > Thank You Raju,
        > I still have questions, and I hope you do not mind.
        > After the potatoe plant reaches 10 to 20 centimeters (5 to 8 inches)
        > do you cover its base with mulch or soil, where the potatoes will
        > grow, or do you leave it with the original mulch?
        >
        > Thank You
        > Kostas
        >

        > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, rajutitus lal <rajuktitus@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Dear friend
        > > Thank you very much for seeing photos and nice comments.We grow
        > potatos
        > > in winter .Winter remain here in nov. to feb.We put potato seede
        > under the thick mulch and give water.We do not till nor making hill of
        > soil.In some places where we do not having mulch we make hole in soil
        > and put potato seed in it .Untilled
        > > land having more porasity than tilled.-Raju
        > >
        > > karoubas <karoubas@> wrote: Dear Raju,
        > > Thank you for your photographs - they are great - a picture is
        worth a
        > > thousand words as they say.
        > >
        > > Can you please tell us in detail how you plant the potatoes (do
        you ig
        > > the ground and bury them ?), and how do you care for them (do you
        > > cover the plant with soil - hilling ? do you water it? )
        > >
        > > Thank You
        > > Kostas
        > >

        > > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, rajutitus lal <rajuktitus@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Dear friends
        > > > I updated the photo albums in ou
        >
        > r groups Photo collection.Please
        > > see and comment thanks-Raju

        > > Organic
        > gardening Organic gardening
        > magazine Organic gardening pest
        > control
        > Organic gardening supply
        > Organic vegetable gardening
        > Organic seed

        > Service.
        > >

        > > ---------------------------------

        > Organic
        gardening Organic gardening
        magazine Organic gardening pest
        control
        Organic gardening supply
        Organic vegetable gardening
        Organic seed

        Service.

        > ---------------------------------

      • Niels Corfield
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 10, 2006
          Hi Raj,

          A suggestion.
          Why not post your images to www.flickr.com.
          It is a very powerful, and free, tool for sharing photos.

          Here is the link to mine:

          http://www.flickr.com/photos/65387153@N00/

          You can automatically link these images to a blog also:

          http://nocompost.blogspot.com/

          One really good thing about flickr is you can make areas of the image
          "live" and have text appear when people move their mouse over the
          particular part of the image!
          An example:
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/gayla/19510276/

          I think this is a very powerful tool for explaining the context or
          content of an image in more detail.

          There is an organisation called Sustainable Harvest, who will be very
          interested to see your images and talk to you I think.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/sustainableharvest/52324548/

          Perhaps lets start a Natural Farming photographic group on Flickr?

          All the best,
          Niels

          rajutitus lal wrote:

> [...]
          > soil.In some places where we do not having mulch we make hole in soil
          > and put potato seed in it .Untilled
          > land having more porasity than tilled.-Raju
          >
          > karoubas <karoubas@...> wrote: Dear Raju,
          > Thank you for your photographs - they are great - a picture is worth a
          > thousand words as they say.
          >
          > Can you please tell us in detail how you plant the potatoes (do you ig
          > the ground and bury them ?), and how do you care for them (do you
          > cover the plant with soil - hilling ? do you water it? )
          >
          > Thank You
          > Kostas
          >

          > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, rajutitus lal <rajuktitus@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Dear friends
          > > I updated the photo albums in our groups Photo collection.Please
          > see and comment thanks-Raju

          > Organic
          > gardening Organic gardening
          > magazine Organic gardening pest
          > control
          > Organic gardening supply Organic
          > vegetable gardening Organic
          > seed

          > ---------------------------------

          > Organic gardening
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+gardening&w1=Organic+gardening&w2=Organic+gardening+magazine&w3=Organic+gardening+pest+control&w4=Organic+gardening+supply&w5=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w6=Organic+seed&c=6&s=172&.sig=Dx7SSgo17bVLsgNjp1FPUA>
          > Organic gardening magazine
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+gardening+magazine&w1=Organic+gardening&w2=Organic+gardening+magazine&w3=Organic+gardening+pest+control&w4=Organic+gardening+supply&w5=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w6=Organic+seed&c=6&s=172&.sig=v3or5_LEGVnYjNL7w2NK8A>
          > Organic gardening pest control
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+gardening+pest+control&w1=Organic+gardening&w2=Organic+gardening+magazine&w3=Organic+gardening+pest+control&w4=Organic+gardening+supply&w5=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w6=Organic+seed&c=6&s=172&.sig=9mTmkjpRB1CShoL3DfUEIg>
          >
          > Organic gardening supply
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+gardening+supply&w1=Organic+gardening&w2=Organic+gardening+magazine&w3=Organic+gardening+pest+control&w4=Organic+gardening+supply&w5=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w6=Organic+seed&c=6&s=172&.sig=62d0-eutOHAdsCLoZ5tUVg>
          > Organic vegetable gardening
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w1=Organic+gardening&w2=Organic+gardening+magazine&w3=Organic+gardening+pest+control&w4=Organic+gardening+supply&w5=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w6=Organic+seed&c=6&s=172&.sig=-mFRODiByuzrZQdVZQocPg>
          > Organic seed
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+seed&w1=Organic+gardening&w2=Organic+gardening+magazine&w3=Organic+gardening+pest+control&w4=Organic+gardening+supply&w5=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w6=Organic+seed&c=6&s=172&.sig=9eRja_etQeCCJrei_nqxug>

        • Niels Corfield
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 10, 2006
            Hi,

            For those interested here is a photoset of images from a dryland
            permaculture project in Bahia, Brazil.
            They are doing some very interesting work with polycultures. That
            include cacti as an intercrop.

            Here is the link:
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/65387153@N00/sets/72057594074190832/

            Here's a link to related articles, some articles about this project.
            http://del.icio.us/entrailer/Polycultures

            Cheers,
            Niels
          • poojyum
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 12, 2006
              > Here is the link:
              > http://www.flickr.com/photos/65387153@N00/sets/72057594074190832/

              Nice work Neils.

              > Here's a link to related articles, some articles about this project.
              > http://del.icio.us/entrailer/Polycultures

              Yeah I am also a del.icio.us member. Maybe we could create a tag
              called fukuoka for links related to natural farming.

              some of my links which include natural farming can be found:

              http://del.icio.us/jagbot/farming
              http://del.icio.us/jagbot/gardening

              To Mr Raju Titus: Please consider adding your photos to flickr.com as
              Neil has suggested. If you find it hard these please continue to post
              the photos as you do now. We totally enjoy your photos and learn from
              them.