updated phtos in group Photos

  • rajutitus lal
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 3, 2006
      Dear friends
      I updated the photo albums in our groups Photo collection.Please see and comment thanks-Raju

    • karoubas
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 4, 2006
        Dear Raju,
        Thank you for your photographs - they are great - a picture is worth a
        thousand words as they say.

        Can you please tell us in detail how you plant the potatoes (do you ig
        the ground and bury them ?), and how do you care for them (do you
        cover the plant with soil - hilling ? do you water it? )

        Thank You
        Kostas

        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, rajutitus lal <rajuktitus@...>
        wrote:

        > Dear friends
        > I updated the photo albums in our groups Photo collection.Please
        see and comment thanks-Raju

      • rajutitus lal
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 4, 2006
          Dear friend
          Thank you very much for seeing photos and nice comments.We grow potatos
          in winter .Winter remain here in nov. to feb.We put potato seede under the thick mulch and give water.We do not till nor making hill of soil.In some places where we do not having mulch we make hole in soil and put potato seed in it .Untilled
          land having more porasity than tilled.-Raju

          karoubas <karoubas@...> wrote: Dear Raju,

          wrote:

          > Dear friends
          > I updated the photo albums in our groups Photo collection.Please
          see and comment thanks-Raju

          Organic gardening Organic gardening magazine Organic gardening pest control Organic gardening supply Organic vegetable gardening Organic seed

        • karoubas
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 5, 2006
            Thank You Raju,
            I still have questions, and I hope you do not mind.
            After the potatoe plant reaches 10 to 20 centimeters (5 to 8 inches)
            do you cover its base with mulch or soil, where the potatoes will
            grow, or do you leave it with the original mulch?

            wrote:

            > Dear friend
            > Thank you very much for seeing photos and nice comments.We grow
            potatos
            > in winter .Winter remain here in nov. to feb.We put potato seede
            under the thick mulch and give water.We do not till nor making hill of
            soil.In some places where we do not having mulch we make hole in soil
            and put potato seed in it .Untilled
            > land having more porasity than tilled.-Raju
            >
            > karoubas <karoubas@...> wrote: Dear Raju,
            > Thank you for your photographs - they are great - a picture is worth a
            > thousand words as they say.
            >
            > Can you please tell us in detail how you plant the potatoes (do you ig
            > the ground and bury them ?), and how do you care for them (do you
            > cover the plant with soil - hilling ? do you water it? )
            >
            > Thank You
            > Kostas
            >

            > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, rajutitus lal <rajuktitus@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Dear friends
            > > I updated the photo albums in ou

            r groups Photo collection.Please
            > see and comment thanks-Raju

            > Organic
            gardening Organic gardening
            magazine Organic gardening pest
            control
            Organic gardening supply
            Organic vegetable gardening
            Organic seed

            Service.

            > ---------------------------------

          • rajutitus lal
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 6, 2006
              Dear friend
              No need to do any thing ,roots go deep naturally due to poroueity.Only thing we will have to do is digging at the time of harvasting.Therefore we are changing
              place because we feel digging is also like tilling.--Thanks- Raju

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 6, 2006
                Thank You Raju

                Kostas

                Be well
                Be happy

                wrote:

                > Dear friend
                > No need to do any thing ,roots go deep naturally due to
                poroueity.Only thing we will have to do is digging at the time of
                harvasting.Therefore we are changing
                > place because we feel digging is also like tilling.--Thanks- Raju
                >

                > karoubas <karoubas@...> wrote:
                > Thank You Raju,
                > I still have questions, and I hope you do not mind.
                > After the potatoe plant reaches 10 to 20 centimeters (5 to 8 inches)
                > do you cover its base with mulch or soil, where the potatoes will
                > grow, or do you leave it with the original mulch?
                >
                > Thank You
                > Kostas
                >

                > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, rajutitus lal <rajuktitus@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Dear friend
                > > Thank you very much for seeing photos and nice comments.We grow
                > potatos
                > > in winter .Winter remain here in nov. to feb.We put potato seede
                > under the thick mulch and give water.We do not till nor making hill of
                > soil.In some places where we do not having mulch we make hole in soil
                > and put potato seed in it .Untilled
                > > land having more porasity than tilled.-Raju
                > >
                > > karoubas <karoubas@> wrote: Dear Raju,
                > > Thank you for your photographs - they are great - a picture is
                worth a
                > > thousand words as they say.
                > >
                > > Can you please tell us in detail how you plant the potatoes (do
                you ig
                > > the ground and bury them ?), and how do you care for them (do you
                > > cover the plant with soil - hilling ? do you water it? )
                > >
                > > Thank You
                > > Kostas
                > >

                > > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, rajutitus lal <rajuktitus@>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Dear friends
                > > > I updated the photo albums in ou
                >
                > r groups Photo collection.Please
                > > see and comment thanks-Raju

                > > Organic
                > gardening Organic gardening
                > magazine Organic gardening pest
                > control
                > Organic gardening supply
                > Organic vegetable gardening
                > Organic seed

                > Service.
                > >

                > > ---------------------------------

                > Organic
                gardening Organic gardening
                magazine Organic gardening pest
                control
                Organic gardening supply
                Organic vegetable gardening
                Organic seed

                Service.

                > ---------------------------------

              • Niels Corfield
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 10, 2006
                  Hi Raj,

                  A suggestion.
                  Why not post your images to www.flickr.com.
                  It is a very powerful, and free, tool for sharing photos.

                  Here is the link to mine:

                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/65387153@N00/

                  You can automatically link these images to a blog also:

                  http://nocompost.blogspot.com/

                  One really good thing about flickr is you can make areas of the image
                  "live" and have text appear when people move their mouse over the
                  particular part of the image!
                  An example:
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/gayla/19510276/

                  I think this is a very powerful tool for explaining the context or
                  content of an image in more detail.

                  There is an organisation called Sustainable Harvest, who will be very
                  interested to see your images and talk to you I think.
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/sustainableharvest/52324548/

                  Perhaps lets start a Natural Farming photographic group on Flickr?

                  All the best,
                  Niels

                  rajutitus lal wrote:

> [...]
                  > soil.In some places where we do not having mulch we make hole in soil
                  > and put potato seed in it .Untilled
                  > land having more porasity than tilled.-Raju
                  >
                  > karoubas <karoubas@...> wrote: Dear Raju,
                  > Thank you for your photographs - they are great - a picture is worth a
                  > thousand words as they say.
                  >
                  > Can you please tell us in detail how you plant the potatoes (do you ig
                  > the ground and bury them ?), and how do you care for them (do you
                  > cover the plant with soil - hilling ? do you water it? )
                  >
                  > Thank You
                  > Kostas
                  >

                  > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, rajutitus lal <rajuktitus@...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Dear friends
                  > > I updated the photo albums in our groups Photo collection.Please
                  > see and comment thanks-Raju

                  > Organic
                  > gardening Organic gardening
                  > magazine Organic gardening pest
                  > control
                  > Organic gardening supply Organic
                  > vegetable gardening Organic
                  > seed

                  > ---------------------------------

                  > Organic gardening
                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+gardening&w1=Organic+gardening&w2=Organic+gardening+magazine&w3=Organic+gardening+pest+control&w4=Organic+gardening+supply&w5=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w6=Organic+seed&c=6&s=172&.sig=Dx7SSgo17bVLsgNjp1FPUA>
                  > Organic gardening magazine
                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+gardening+magazine&w1=Organic+gardening&w2=Organic+gardening+magazine&w3=Organic+gardening+pest+control&w4=Organic+gardening+supply&w5=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w6=Organic+seed&c=6&s=172&.sig=v3or5_LEGVnYjNL7w2NK8A>
                  > Organic gardening pest control
                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+gardening+pest+control&w1=Organic+gardening&w2=Organic+gardening+magazine&w3=Organic+gardening+pest+control&w4=Organic+gardening+supply&w5=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w6=Organic+seed&c=6&s=172&.sig=9mTmkjpRB1CShoL3DfUEIg>
                  >
                  > Organic gardening supply
                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+gardening+supply&w1=Organic+gardening&w2=Organic+gardening+magazine&w3=Organic+gardening+pest+control&w4=Organic+gardening+supply&w5=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w6=Organic+seed&c=6&s=172&.sig=62d0-eutOHAdsCLoZ5tUVg>
                  > Organic vegetable gardening
                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w1=Organic+gardening&w2=Organic+gardening+magazine&w3=Organic+gardening+pest+control&w4=Organic+gardening+supply&w5=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w6=Organic+seed&c=6&s=172&.sig=-mFRODiByuzrZQdVZQocPg>
                  > Organic seed
                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+seed&w1=Organic+gardening&w2=Organic+gardening+magazine&w3=Organic+gardening+pest+control&w4=Organic+gardening+supply&w5=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w6=Organic+seed&c=6&s=172&.sig=9eRja_etQeCCJrei_nqxug>

                • Niels Corfield
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 10, 2006
                    Hi,

                    For those interested here is a photoset of images from a dryland
                    permaculture project in Bahia, Brazil.
                    They are doing some very interesting work with polycultures. That
                    include cacti as an intercrop.

                    Here is the link:
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/65387153@N00/sets/72057594074190832/

                    Here's a link to related articles, some articles about this project.
                    http://del.icio.us/entrailer/Polycultures

                    Cheers,
                    Niels
                  • poojyum
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 12, 2006
                      > Here is the link:
                      > http://www.flickr.com/photos/65387153@N00/sets/72057594074190832/

                      Nice work Neils.

                      > Here's a link to related articles, some articles about this project.
                      > http://del.icio.us/entrailer/Polycultures

                      Yeah I am also a del.icio.us member. Maybe we could create a tag
                      called fukuoka for links related to natural farming.

                      some of my links which include natural farming can be found:

                      http://del.icio.us/jagbot/farming
                      http://del.icio.us/jagbot/gardening

                      To Mr Raju Titus: Please consider adding your photos to flickr.com as
                      Neil has suggested. If you find it hard these please continue to post
                      the photos as you do now. We totally enjoy your photos and learn from
                      them.