Re: Fukuoka rice

  • rajutitus lal
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 11:00 PM
      Dear friend
      Namaskar, Nice to know that you are becoming Natural farmer.Yes fukuoka send some seeds to Indian but unfortunately we could not get.we are in search
      of Happy hill if get will sure send to you.There are some very good varieties of
      Indian native Rice .Natural scented and strong.Happy hill 's mother was also Indian.But what I realised that Only 20% support we are getting from breed and rest of all depends on the condition of ecology of soil.Therefore I sugest first
      we should try locally suitable breed then other.Thanks --Raju

      Faith Arnold <lvfrts@...> wrote: Hi Raju,

      I just saw your post to the Fukuoka Farming group on February 11th. I
      just bought a small property in California (about 1/2 hectare) that I am
      going to try the no-till Natural Farming method on. I would love to get
      some of the seeds of Mr. Fukuoka's "Happy Hill" rice variety that he
      talks about in his books. Do you know if this is the same variety of
      rice seed he was giving to the Indian farmers? And do you know who is
      growing it, and if there is some way to get a few seeds of it sent to me
      in the U.S.? I want to grow all (or most) of our own food on our little
      place, so I am looking for the best varieties of grain seeds for growing
      naturally.

      Thank you very much!

      Faith Arnold