Correction: Fukuoka Gave the Indian Speech on Oct 2, 2002 not 2003

  • Robert Monie
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2006
      Hi,

      Fukuoka really gave the Indian speech October 2, 2002, not 2003. Sorry for the slip.

      I have been able to locate some exact references to the response of the Fukuoka Farming yahoo list on Fukuoka's Indian speech. In the group archives, the first reference is #840 posted by Kristi, on August 16, 2002, in which she mentions that she plans to attend. Messages #841 through 846 show a flurry of interest and excitement from many members including Emilia and me. In Message 853 and 854 we see that Jamie has already sent off an inquiry to the event sponsers asking if they can provide a transcript of what Fukuoka was going to say at the event, which was still nearly 2 months away. So we were really "on top" of this.

      Momentum gathered and for a while all eyes were on India. (To be continued).

      Bob Monie
      Zone 8
      By the Mississippi (Post Katrina Levee System)