birthday and fund raising

  • michiyoshibuya
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2 4:28 AM
      Hello,
      This is Michiyo from Japan; I am back after two years of absence
      from here.

      Today is Masanobu Fukuoka's 93rd birthday. Some friends are
      celebrating in Tokyo with his video message.

      Over these two years, I visited the fukuoka farm in Ehime every two
      months(please don't shower me with questions; and I cannot deliver
      any personal messages to him since now he is now completely retired
      from all affairs), I took part in some
      domestic re-greening projects, and finally I was able to visit
      Panos in Greece.
      I met quite a few list members in various places, I hope they are
      still here contributing to the lively discussion or at their farm
      covered with straws.

      I am now preparing for a seeding project in the bare mountain area
      where there used to be a copper mine. Although the project is self-
      supported, I would like to raise funds by selling the books and
      video tapes if possible.

      I am wondering if any of the list members would contribute and
      support us:
      I am selling 5 "The Ultimatum of God Nature, the One-Straw
      Revolution A RECAPITULATION" by Masanobu Fukuoka
      (3 of them are rat-bitten around the edge, and the other two have
      some damages, too from having been stored at his mountain hut!)
      I want to sell one copy at USD30 or EUR25, including the shipping.

      These copies are among the last 10 copies that were printed in 1996.

      We used to sell one copy for JPY3,000 plus the shipping. So with the
      damages, I would
      have liked to offer at a much lower rate, but please understand this
      is a fund raising.

      I am also selling
      "For Living on the Planet Earth:
      Natural Farming, Masanobu Fukuoka"
      by Koji Imaizumi; 61 minutes, 1998.

      It is a video in the NTSC format. It is a documentary film of
      Masanobu's
      trip to India in 1997, and Yuko Honma's instruction on how to make
      hand-made clayballs.
      I will sell a copy for USD 35 or EUR 30 including the shipping.

      I still have not figured out how to receive money, possibly
      International (Postal) Money Order? or you can propose me the
      preferred method of paying.

      If anyone wants those items, first they need to contact me by
      sending a personal e-mail to see
      if I have the stock, and after my reply, they should send me money,
      and then I will send the book.(sorry for such trouble)

      As for the content of the book or the video, maybe those who have
      them already can give others honest opinions and advices.
      (I will not be offended by negative remarks.)

      I enjoy reading news from all over the world. Thank you for all the
      posting.

      Michiyo Shibuya(Ms.)
    • Royal A. Purdy
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2 9:12 AM
        Happy Birthday Masanobu Fukuoka!
      • Niels
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2 9:28 AM
          Has anyone on the list been in touch with him recently?

          Nice to know.

          Royal A. Purdy wrote:

          > Happy Birthday Masanobu Fukuoka!

          > Organic gardening
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+gardening&w1=Organic+gardening&w2=Organic+gardening+magazine&w3=Organic+gardening+pest+control&w4=Organic+gardening+supply&w5=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w6=Organic+seed&c=6&s=172&.sig=Dx7SSgo17bVLsgNjp1FPUA>
          > Organic gardening magazine
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+gardening+magazine&w1=Organic+gardening&w2=Organic+gardening+magazine&w3=Organic+gardening+pest+control&w4=Organic+gardening+supply&w5=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w6=Organic+seed&c=6&s=172&.sig=v3or5_LEGVnYjNL7w2NK8A>
          > Organic gardening pest control
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+gardening+pest+control&w1=Organic+gardening&w2=Organic+gardening+magazine&w3=Organic+gardening+pest+control&w4=Organic+gardening+supply&w5=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w6=Organic+seed&c=6&s=172&.sig=9mTmkjpRB1CShoL3DfUEIg>
          >
          > Organic gardening supply
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+gardening+supply&w1=Organic+gardening&w2=Organic+gardening+magazine&w3=Organic+gardening+pest+control&w4=Organic+gardening+supply&w5=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w6=Organic+seed&c=6&s=172&.sig=62d0-eutOHAdsCLoZ5tUVg>
          > Organic vegetable gardening
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w1=Organic+gardening&w2=Organic+gardening+magazine&w3=Organic+gardening+pest+control&w4=Organic+gardening+supply&w5=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w6=Organic+seed&c=6&s=172&.sig=-mFRODiByuzrZQdVZQocPg>
          > Organic seed
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+seed&w1=Organic+gardening&w2=Organic+gardening+magazine&w3=Organic+gardening+pest+control&w4=Organic+gardening+supply&w5=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w6=Organic+seed&c=6&s=172&.sig=9eRja_etQeCCJrei_nqxug>

        • Elsa Santos
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 2 1:23 PM
            Hi there,
            Would love both the book and video. Although since this is Portugal you might want to add more for postage (could by py paypal - free & easy). Would be great if at least one of the items is still available. Maybe an auction would also be a good idea for fundraising? It's just an idea.
            Thank you & Genki de...
            Elsa

            Elsa Santos
            www.montesamoqueiro.com

          • karoubas
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 3 12:34 AM
              Hi Michiyo,
              This is Kostas from Greece - we met at Pano's farm this summer.
              Good to hear from you and to see about your activities
              I am interested in the video and books - let me know the details.
              Happy birthday for Mr. Fukuoka.

              Kostas

              --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "michiyoshibuya"
              <michiyoshibuya@...> wrote:

              > Hello,
              > This is Michiyo from Japan; I am back after two years of absence
              > from here.
              >
              > Today is Masanobu Fukuoka's 93rd birthday. Some friends are
              > celebrating in Tokyo with his video message.
              >
              > Over these two years, I visited the fukuoka farm in Ehime every two
              > months(please don't shower me with questions; and I cannot deliver
              > any personal messages to him since now he is now completely retired
              > from all affairs), I took part in some
              > domestic re-greening projects, and finally I was able to visit
              > Panos in Greece.
              > I met quite a few list members in various places, I hope they are
              > still here contributing to the lively discussion or at their farm
              > covered with straws.
              >
              > I am now preparing for a seeding project in the bare mountain area
              > where there used to be a copper mine. Although the project is self-
              > supported, I would like to raise funds by selling the books and
              > video tapes if possible.
              >
              > I am wondering if any of the list members would contribute and
              > support us:
              > I am selling 5 "The Ultimatum of God Nature, the One-Straw
              > Revolution A RECAPITULATION" by Masanobu Fukuoka
              > (3 of them are rat-bitten around the edge, and the other two have
              > some damages, too from having been stored at his mountain hut!)
              > I want to sell one copy at USD30 or EUR25, including the shipping.
              >
              > These copies are among the last 10 copies that were printed in 1996.
              >
              > We used to sell one copy for JPY3,000 plus the shipping. So with the
              > damages, I would
              > have liked to offer at a much lower rate, but please understand this
              > is a fund raising.
              >
              > I am also selling
              > "For Living on the Planet Earth:
              > Natural Farming, Masanobu Fukuoka"
              > by Koji Imaizumi; 61 minutes, 1998.
              >
              > It is a video in the NTSC format. It is a documentary film of
              > Masanobu's
              > trip to India in 1997, and Yuko Honma's instruction on how to make
              > hand-made clayballs.
              > I will sell a copy for USD 35 or EUR 30 including the shipping.
              >
              > I still have not figured out how to receive money, possibly
              > International (Postal) Money Order? or you can propose me the
              > preferred method of paying.
              >
              > If anyone wants those items, first they need to contact me by
              > sending a personal e-mail to see
              > if I have the stock, and after my reply, they should send me money,
              > and then I will send the book.(sorry for such trouble)
              >
              > As for the content of the book or the video, maybe those who have
              > them already can give others honest opinions and advices.
              > (I will not be offended by negative remarks.)
              >

              > I enjoy reading news from all over the world. Thank you for all the
              > posting.
              >
              > Michiyo Shibuya(Ms.)

            • michiyoshibuya
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 4 5:59 AM
                Thank you all, for your support.

                Books are now sold out,
                All the videos tapes that I have in stock are sold out
                (I will be asking the director for more)

                The video is not a DVD, but a tape in NTSC format.
                Many European countries usually use PAL or SECAM format,
                and the tape needs to be converted.

                To those who have already contacted me, I will write personally
                and discuss if they can find such services in their area
                or if they still would like to buy one.
                Other people who were interested in the video might want to consider
                this fact. Meanwhile, I will ask the copyright holder of the film
                if I am allowed to copy the tape to those format before selling them.

                Hello Kostas, it's nice to hear from you.
                Keep in touch.

                Michiyo

                P.S.
                I will be replying to all personal mails about the books and
                video. Please bear with me for a few days.
              • michiyoshibuya
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 8 4:34 AM
                  This is Michiyo again,

                  I am sorry to be like a merchant and just trying to sell...
                  but I have more copies of the book and video tape I advertised
                  previously.

                  Please contact me privately if you would like to buy them.

                  I prefer receiving money by International (Postal) Money Order.

                  The content of
                  "The Ultimatum of God Nature,
                  the One-Straw Revolution A RECAPITULATION"
                  is completely different from "One Straw Revolution".

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 13 1:28 PM
                    hi,

                    can you mail pics of these items?
                    are they all vids, or some books?