FW: Fukuoka's new book

  • souscayrous
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2002
      Hello, I'm forwarding the latest email regarding Fukuoka's new book: has
      anyone read the Japanese text and would like to give a resume?

      On more practical matters; while I'm aware that chipped conifers do not
      create a beneficial mulch for plants (the breakdown of the lignin is toward
      toxic polyphenols and not humic acid), what about Junipers? They are not
      conifers, however, I am unsure of using them as I notice they are resistant
      to insect breakdown (and normal rot?) as their skeletal remains are to be
      found everywhere here, usually following an over exuberant farmer burning
      the edges of his field that then engulfs the holm oak/juniper natives
      beyond.

      And finally some rain has arrived

      Souscayrous