Re: [fukuoka_farming] Digest Number 121

  • Bob Ewing
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2002
      emilia said:

      bob, can u please give more details concerning the
      place/climate of
      the
      clearcut situation?

      Greetings, I live in Northwestern Ontario,surrounded
      by the remains of the boreal forest. In a normal
      winter, this year has been exceptional, the
      temperature drop down to -40 C in summer they can rise
      to +35 C. We have about 90 frost free. Snowfall is
      usually quite heavy and the ground is covered until
      mid-April . The last frost free day is around June 8.
      Rain or snow is often accompanied by heavy winds and
      storm warnings are not uncommon all year round. Forest
      fires, both from lightening and human carelessness,
      happen every year. This year could be a high fire
      season due to the lack of snow, unless it rains and
      the amount of rain we need can cause its own problems.
      Lake levels are low.

      Bob

      =====
      Bob Ewing, Permaculture Design