natural farming ecovillage british colombia

  • Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2005
      i have been working for 3 years now in creating an ecovillage right in the
      middle of the neo urban sprawl in a rural island .i would like this
      ecovillage to be dedicated to natural farming ( for now there is a consensus
      to practice permaculture ) so i call to this group to find peoples to fill
      the spaces in this budding project .

      We do not actually have land for the ecovillage yet. We have an accepted
      offer on 95 acres, but have only about half the people with money needed to
      make it happen.( the total cost is 1.5 million all cost included) We are at
      this time looking for a total of 15 people with C$100,000 (about US $85,000)
      each, but that doesn't mean someone with less might not be able to take
      part.
      we are creating a coop to acquire the land and are looking for investors and
      for more members ( that could be the same persons )

      But we have to decide by November 9 to proceed with the purchase or not!
      ($50,000 down payment and firm commitment to pay the balance by December
      19.)

      . Our meetings are the first Tuesday of each month on saltspring island BC
      Canada. The next one will be December 6th. Details at:
      http://www.IslandSeeds.org/wiki/Meetings

      You might want to visit our public website, at:
      http://www.IslandSeeds.org

      You are also welcome to participate in our private website for members and
      other interested parties at:
      http://www.IslandSeeds.org/wiki

      (This is where we discuss issues, not represent official policy of the
      organization.)

      feel free to pass on to any interested person .
      jean-claude