Re: Natural Farming

  • karoubas
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 9, 2005
      Hi Jean –Claude
      I did not get a chance to see Panos, so I do not have the answers to
      your questions.
      I have posted six new photos; I hope they help; enjoy them.
      Kostas

      http://www.motherearthnews.com/library/1982_July_August/The_Plowboy_Interview__Masanobu_Fukuoka
      > which you may or may not have seen. In it he emphasizes the need for
      > nitrogen fixing plants, especially white clover - with anything you
      plant.

      > Kostas

    • Raju Titus
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 17, 2011
        Dear friends,
        In December 10 to 12 i will be in Ymuna Nager near Delhi with "Ymuna jiye
        abhiyan" N.G.O. for three days workshop on Natural Farming. About 50
        participants taking part .Mr Manoj Mishra is Organizing this workshop.
        and I will be in Ranchi Jharkhand betwwen 19 to 21 Mr Koshik is inviting
        me for guidence he wanted to do natural farming in his field for school
        children.This may spread some work in N.F.
        Thanks
        Raju

        --
        Raju Titus. Hoshangabad. 461001.India.
        +919179738049.

      • fhi_katari
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 18, 2011
          Raju Ji,
          Thank you for being so generous with your time, to be willing to travel all the way to Ranchi on a short notice. We really look forward to meeting and working with you.

          Just to inform the rest of the group, my family has been devotees of Bharat Sevashram Sangha. Apart from being a religious organization, they are heavily involved in social work, and they have a strong presence in Bengal and Jharkhand. Recently, a local couple who do not have children of their own donated some land to them to start a school in Bundu, which is in the outskirts of Ranchi. Karia Munda ji, who is our MP and also closely associated with Bharat Sevashram, helped build a school building out of his MP funds.

          We recently helped them purchase an additional plot of land, adjacent to the school. I have been following the group, and have read Fukuoka San's book a couple of times now. Our goal is to see if we can supply the food needs of the school through natural farming. As such, there is no livelihood at stake in the very beginning. I am hoping that over time, we can use this as a model farm, and have other people learn and adopt these methods.

          Once again, thank you Raju Ji for your tireless efforts in making all of this happen. I feel deeply grateful, and hope that we can spread your message far and wide.

          Kaushik Katari

          --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Raju Titus <rajuktitus@...> wrote:

          > Dear friends,
          > In December 10 to 12 i will be in Ymuna Nager near Delhi with "Ymuna jiye
          > abhiyan" N.G.O. for three days workshop on Natural Farming. About 50
          > participants taking part .Mr Manoj Mishra is Organizing this workshop.
          > and I will be in Ranchi Jharkhand betwwen 19 to 21 Mr Koshik is inviting
          > me for guidence he wanted to do natural farming in his field for school
          > children.This may spread some work in N.F.
          > Thanks
          > Raju
          >

          > --
          > Raju Titus. Hoshangabad. 461001.India.
          > +919179738049.
          > http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus
          > fukuoka_farming yahoogroup

        • Anant Joglekar
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 18, 2011
            Dear kaushik Katari ji

            Pranam

            I am really touched with the noble cause Rajuji and your family are going to serve.

            As this is going to be a beginning of the experiment of Transformation of the piece of land proposed, I would like to request you to BLOG it, so as to keep posted, every one interested in pursuing NF.

            Wish you all the best.

            With Warm Regards

            anant joglekar
            9423089706

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 19, 2011
              Dear kaushikji,
              Natural farming is worship of mother earth" based on nonviolence
              and farming mostly based on tilling are against of this. Indian traditional
              way of farming was also based on no tilling or minimum tilling. Framers
              were converting desert by zero tillage in olden days.Thanking you very
              much for giving many good comments.
              Thanks
              Raju