Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: Natural Farming

  • Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005

      > I will ask, next time I see him jean-claude - most likely in mid October
      > Kostas

      thanks for your willingness to be of so much help . i will try to think
      about more questions .one more right now : is he using animals ?
      jean-claude
    • karoubas
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude
        Catry" <instinct@s...> wrote:

        > > I will ask, next time I see him jean-claude - most likely in mid
        October
        > > Kostas
        >
        > thanks for your willingness to be of so much help . i will try to think
        > about more questions .one more right now : is he using animals ?
        > jean-claude

        No jean-claude, he does not have animals - but his farm attracts all
        kind of birds, bees etc.

        There is a good interview with Fukuoka-san, at this address -
        http://www.motherearthnews.com/library/1982_July_August/The_Plowboy_Interview__Masanobu_Fukuoka
        which you may or may not have seen. In it he emphasizes the need for
        nitrogen fixing plants, especially white clover - with anything you plant.

        Kostas
      • karoubas
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 9, 2005
          Hi Jean –Claude
          I did not get a chance to see Panos, so I do not have the answers to
          your questions.
          I have posted six new photos; I hope they help; enjoy them.
          Kostas

          --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "karoubas" <karoubas@y...> wrote:

          > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude
          > Catry" <instinct@s...> wrote:
          > >

          > > > I will ask, next time I see him jean-claude - most likely in mid
          > October
          > > > Kostas
          > >
          > > thanks for your willingness to be of so much help . i will try to
          think
          > > about more questions .one more right now : is he using animals ?
          > > jean-claude
          >

          > No jean-claude, he does not have animals - but his farm attracts all
          > kind of birds, bees etc.
          >
          > There is a good interview with Fukuoka-san, at this address -

          http://www.motherearthnews.com/library/1982_July_August/The_Plowboy_Interview__Masanobu_Fukuoka
          > which you may or may not have seen. In it he emphasizes the need for
          > nitrogen fixing plants, especially white clover - with anything you
          plant.

          > Kostas

        • Raju Titus
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 17, 2011
            Dear friends,
            In December 10 to 12 i will be in Ymuna Nager near Delhi with "Ymuna jiye
            abhiyan" N.G.O. for three days workshop on Natural Farming. About 50
            participants taking part .Mr Manoj Mishra is Organizing this workshop.
            and I will be in Ranchi Jharkhand betwwen 19 to 21 Mr Koshik is inviting
            me for guidence he wanted to do natural farming in his field for school
            children.This may spread some work in N.F.
            Thanks
            Raju

            --
            Raju Titus. Hoshangabad. 461001.India.
            +919179738049.

          • fhi_katari
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 18, 2011
              Raju Ji,
              Thank you for being so generous with your time, to be willing to travel all the way to Ranchi on a short notice. We really look forward to meeting and working with you.

              Just to inform the rest of the group, my family has been devotees of Bharat Sevashram Sangha. Apart from being a religious organization, they are heavily involved in social work, and they have a strong presence in Bengal and Jharkhand. Recently, a local couple who do not have children of their own donated some land to them to start a school in Bundu, which is in the outskirts of Ranchi. Karia Munda ji, who is our MP and also closely associated with Bharat Sevashram, helped build a school building out of his MP funds.

              We recently helped them purchase an additional plot of land, adjacent to the school. I have been following the group, and have read Fukuoka San's book a couple of times now. Our goal is to see if we can supply the food needs of the school through natural farming. As such, there is no livelihood at stake in the very beginning. I am hoping that over time, we can use this as a model farm, and have other people learn and adopt these methods.

              Once again, thank you Raju Ji for your tireless efforts in making all of this happen. I feel deeply grateful, and hope that we can spread your message far and wide.

              Kaushik Katari

              --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Raju Titus <rajuktitus@...> wrote:

              > Dear friends,
              > In December 10 to 12 i will be in Ymuna Nager near Delhi with "Ymuna jiye
              > abhiyan" N.G.O. for three days workshop on Natural Farming. About 50
              > participants taking part .Mr Manoj Mishra is Organizing this workshop.
              > and I will be in Ranchi Jharkhand betwwen 19 to 21 Mr Koshik is inviting
              > me for guidence he wanted to do natural farming in his field for school
              > children.This may spread some work in N.F.
              > Thanks
              > Raju
              >

              > --
              > Raju Titus. Hoshangabad. 461001.India.
              > +919179738049.
              > http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus
              > fukuoka_farming yahoogroup

            • Anant Joglekar
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 18, 2011
                Dear kaushik Katari ji

                Pranam

                I am really touched with the noble cause Rajuji and your family are going to serve.

                As this is going to be a beginning of the experiment of Transformation of the piece of land proposed, I would like to request you to BLOG it, so as to keep posted, every one interested in pursuing NF.

                Wish you all the best.

                With Warm Regards

                anant joglekar
                9423089706

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 19, 2011
                  Dear kaushikji,
                  Natural farming is worship of mother earth" based on nonviolence
                  and farming mostly based on tilling are against of this. Indian traditional
                  way of farming was also based on no tilling or minimum tilling. Framers
                  were converting desert by zero tillage in olden days.Thanking you very
                  much for giving many good comments.
                  Thanks
                  Raju