Re: Natural Farming

  • karoubas
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude
      Catry" <instinct@s...> wrote:

      > <Next time I visit Pano's farm, I would like to take and post a photo
      > of the layer above his soil - there is 5 to 25 cm layer of composted
      > material that has accumulated over the last 17 years, as a result of
      > his natural farming ->
      >
      > i am curious to know if he brought organic material from the outside
      of his
      > farm to start the process of building this layer or did he relied
      only on
      > what was grown on the spot ? what plants did he use to grow this layer ?
      > i am interested also by a list of plants he use to complet the trees (
      > ground cover, bushes, vines etc...)?
      > jean-claude

      I will ask, next time I see him jean-claude - most likely in mid October
      Kostas
    • Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005

        > I will ask, next time I see him jean-claude - most likely in mid October
        > Kostas

        thanks for your willingness to be of so much help . i will try to think
        about more questions .one more right now : is he using animals ?
        jean-claude
      • karoubas
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
          Catry" <instinct@s...> wrote:

          > > I will ask, next time I see him jean-claude - most likely in mid
          October
          > > Kostas
          >
          > thanks for your willingness to be of so much help . i will try to think
          > about more questions .one more right now : is he using animals ?
          > jean-claude

          No jean-claude, he does not have animals - but his farm attracts all
          kind of birds, bees etc.

          There is a good interview with Fukuoka-san, at this address -
          http://www.motherearthnews.com/library/1982_July_August/The_Plowboy_Interview__Masanobu_Fukuoka
          which you may or may not have seen. In it he emphasizes the need for
          nitrogen fixing plants, especially white clover - with anything you plant.

          Kostas
        • karoubas
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 9, 2005
            Hi Jean –Claude
            I did not get a chance to see Panos, so I do not have the answers to
            your questions.
            I have posted six new photos; I hope they help; enjoy them.
            Kostas

            --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "karoubas" <karoubas@y...> wrote:

            > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude
            > Catry" <instinct@s...> wrote:
            > >

            > > > I will ask, next time I see him jean-claude - most likely in mid
            > October
            > > > Kostas
            > >
            > > thanks for your willingness to be of so much help . i will try to
            think
            > > about more questions .one more right now : is he using animals ?
            > > jean-claude
            >

            > No jean-claude, he does not have animals - but his farm attracts all
            > kind of birds, bees etc.
            >
            > There is a good interview with Fukuoka-san, at this address -

            http://www.motherearthnews.com/library/1982_July_August/The_Plowboy_Interview__Masanobu_Fukuoka
            > which you may or may not have seen. In it he emphasizes the need for
            > nitrogen fixing plants, especially white clover - with anything you
            plant.

            > Kostas

          • Raju Titus
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 17, 2011
              Dear friends,
              In December 10 to 12 i will be in Ymuna Nager near Delhi with "Ymuna jiye
              abhiyan" N.G.O. for three days workshop on Natural Farming. About 50
              participants taking part .Mr Manoj Mishra is Organizing this workshop.
              and I will be in Ranchi Jharkhand betwwen 19 to 21 Mr Koshik is inviting
              me for guidence he wanted to do natural farming in his field for school
              children.This may spread some work in N.F.
              Thanks
              Raju

              --
              Raju Titus. Hoshangabad. 461001.India.
              +919179738049.

            • fhi_katari
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 18, 2011
                Raju Ji,
                Thank you for being so generous with your time, to be willing to travel all the way to Ranchi on a short notice. We really look forward to meeting and working with you.

                Just to inform the rest of the group, my family has been devotees of Bharat Sevashram Sangha. Apart from being a religious organization, they are heavily involved in social work, and they have a strong presence in Bengal and Jharkhand. Recently, a local couple who do not have children of their own donated some land to them to start a school in Bundu, which is in the outskirts of Ranchi. Karia Munda ji, who is our MP and also closely associated with Bharat Sevashram, helped build a school building out of his MP funds.

                We recently helped them purchase an additional plot of land, adjacent to the school. I have been following the group, and have read Fukuoka San's book a couple of times now. Our goal is to see if we can supply the food needs of the school through natural farming. As such, there is no livelihood at stake in the very beginning. I am hoping that over time, we can use this as a model farm, and have other people learn and adopt these methods.

                Once again, thank you Raju Ji for your tireless efforts in making all of this happen. I feel deeply grateful, and hope that we can spread your message far and wide.

                Kaushik Katari

                --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Raju Titus <rajuktitus@...> wrote:

                > Dear friends,
                > In December 10 to 12 i will be in Ymuna Nager near Delhi with "Ymuna jiye
                > abhiyan" N.G.O. for three days workshop on Natural Farming. About 50
                > participants taking part .Mr Manoj Mishra is Organizing this workshop.
                > and I will be in Ranchi Jharkhand betwwen 19 to 21 Mr Koshik is inviting
                > me for guidence he wanted to do natural farming in his field for school
                > children.This may spread some work in N.F.
                > Thanks
                > Raju
                >

                > --
                > Raju Titus. Hoshangabad. 461001.India.
                > +919179738049.
                > http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus
                > fukuoka_farming yahoogroup

              • Anant Joglekar
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 18, 2011
                  Dear kaushik Katari ji

                  Pranam

                  I am really touched with the noble cause Rajuji and your family are going to serve.

                  As this is going to be a beginning of the experiment of Transformation of the piece of land proposed, I would like to request you to BLOG it, so as to keep posted, every one interested in pursuing NF.

                  Wish you all the best.

                  With Warm Regards

                  anant joglekar
                  9423089706

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 19, 2011
                    Dear kaushikji,
                    Natural farming is worship of mother earth" based on nonviolence
                    and farming mostly based on tilling are against of this. Indian traditional
                    way of farming was also based on no tilling or minimum tilling. Framers
                    were converting desert by zero tillage in olden days.Thanking you very
                    much for giving many good comments.
                    Thanks
                    Raju