Re: [fukuoka_farming] natural farming

  • Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 25, 2005
      hello Jaimie
      glad to hear from you . i met a couple this summer in california that are
      from italy and talk to us about you and your partner in natural farming ,
      that was an amazing coincidence their name are clara scropitta and yan
      vai.how your project is doing?about masanobu fukuoka, my calculation bring
      its age to 92 considering i met him 9 and half year ago in india when he was
      83 . so 92 , 93 sound right.
      jean-claude

    • souscayrous
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 29, 2005
        Hello Jean-Claude, I think I remember Clara, she had a young child with her
        during the Synergistic Course at Ontignano, Florence, called Luna?

        We're now back in France full time and have just bought 4 hectares of land
        (poor) and a ruin, which, inspired by Fukuoka and Panos (to who I must
        surely go one day soon), we are looking to make into a 'natural farm'. I'm
        finally beginning to understand that there really is nothing that needs to
        be done.

        Jamie

        glad to hear from you . i met a couple this summer in california that are
        from italy and talk to us about you and your partner in natural farming ,
        that was an amazing coincidence their name are clara scropitta and yan
        vai.how your project is doing?about masanobu fukuoka, my calculation bring
        its age to 92 considering i met him 9 and half year ago in india when he was
        83 . so 92 , 93 sound right.
        jean-claude

        > Hello Kostas, you are very lucky to have Panos so close by as, from what I
        > understand, Fukuoka acknowledges him as continuing his work. I'm sure the
        > whole group would appreciate any photos you might have to share of your
        > land
        > and perhaps Panos' too. Perhaps you might upload them to the members area
        > of
        > this forum on the groups homepage
        > www.groups.yahoo.com/group/fukuoka_farming, then just click on the
        > 'photos'
        > to the left of the page and follow the instructions.
        >
        > I believe Fukuoka spends most of his time now with his family on Shikoku,
        > but perhaps he still travels to Tokyo sometimes where he stays with Yuko
        > Honma. He does have problems walking now, but at the age of 93 he still
        > enjoys good health and a sharp mind, as the recent lecture at the Expo in
        > Aichi shows.
        >
        > Good luck with posting the photos and continuing your natural farm,
        >

        > Jamie
        > Souscayrous

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Michael Meredith
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 17, 2009
          Steve, you are doing good, similar to my own thinking, just 150 miles south of you.
          I only have 1/10 acre to start, but will add more later, of some very depleted soils.
          The ground covers are the easiest way to do this, but I lack equipment, so am trying to innovate, so as to get vegetables the first year. Try doing some with just a shovel, and I'll listen.
          Keep us posted on your progress!
          Michael

        • grannis04
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 18, 2009
            --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Michael Meredith
            <meredith848@...> wrote:

            > Steve, you are doing good, similar to my own thinking, just 150
            miles south of you.
            > I only have 1/10 acre to start, but will add more later, of some
            very depleted soils.
            > The ground covers are the easiest way to do this, but I lack
            equipment, so am trying to innovate, so as to get vegetables the first
            year. Try doing some with just a shovel, and I'll listen.
            > Keep us posted on your progress!
            > Michael

            Micheal, I've been working my natural areas with only a scythe and a
            rake. Fukuoka mentions a scythe in his writing and I think it is key
            to a low labor high output biological system. I've done okay with
            first year crops but it really depends on the plants that are living
            on your land now. If you have mixed grasses with some clover and
            dandelion then a first year crop is possible. The foremost
            consideration is keeping the earth covered with either green or brown.
            That's cover growth or light mulches. The Earth has a skin and like
            ours it must be cared for, when there is a cut medicine plants go
            there first, we can help in the process by dressing the wound with
            mulches (band-aids). This is winter when our winter gardens flourish
            in our mind's eye. Thanks, Steve
          • cathrine sodi
            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 3, 2009
              it is important to learn about the ill effects of un natural agri culture, thanks raju, you encourage us to keep sewing the seeds that mother nature has given us

            • wongso
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 5, 2009
                Bienvenue!

                Nous sommes a l'ile maurice...