Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: natural farming

  • Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 25, 2005
      > Hello Jamie,
      > I posted some photos in the photos section - hopefully I will go up to
      > Edessa and see Panagiotis again this coming week and take some more
      > photos - he has a group of volunteers/students from around the world,
      > and maybe they will allow me to take some photos while they are making
      > seed balls.
      > Kostas

      i am curious if he is irrigating and how .
      jean-claude

    • Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 25, 2005
        hello Jaimie
        glad to hear from you . i met a couple this summer in california that are
        from italy and talk to us about you and your partner in natural farming ,
        that was an amazing coincidence their name are clara scropitta and yan
        vai.how your project is doing?about masanobu fukuoka, my calculation bring
        its age to 92 considering i met him 9 and half year ago in india when he was
        83 . so 92 , 93 sound right.
        jean-claude

      • souscayrous
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 29, 2005
          Hello Jean-Claude, I think I remember Clara, she had a young child with her
          during the Synergistic Course at Ontignano, Florence, called Luna?

          We're now back in France full time and have just bought 4 hectares of land
          (poor) and a ruin, which, inspired by Fukuoka and Panos (to who I must
          surely go one day soon), we are looking to make into a 'natural farm'. I'm
          finally beginning to understand that there really is nothing that needs to
          be done.

          Jamie

          glad to hear from you . i met a couple this summer in california that are
          from italy and talk to us about you and your partner in natural farming ,
          that was an amazing coincidence their name are clara scropitta and yan
          vai.how your project is doing?about masanobu fukuoka, my calculation bring
          its age to 92 considering i met him 9 and half year ago in india when he was
          83 . so 92 , 93 sound right.
          jean-claude

          > Hello Kostas, you are very lucky to have Panos so close by as, from what I
          > understand, Fukuoka acknowledges him as continuing his work. I'm sure the
          > whole group would appreciate any photos you might have to share of your
          > land
          > and perhaps Panos' too. Perhaps you might upload them to the members area
          > of
          > this forum on the groups homepage
          > www.groups.yahoo.com/group/fukuoka_farming, then just click on the
          > 'photos'
          > to the left of the page and follow the instructions.
          >
          > I believe Fukuoka spends most of his time now with his family on Shikoku,
          > but perhaps he still travels to Tokyo sometimes where he stays with Yuko
          > Honma. He does have problems walking now, but at the age of 93 he still
          > enjoys good health and a sharp mind, as the recent lecture at the Expo in
          > Aichi shows.
          >
          > Good luck with posting the photos and continuing your natural farm,
          >

          > Jamie
          > Souscayrous

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Michael Meredith
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 17, 2009
            Steve, you are doing good, similar to my own thinking, just 150 miles south of you.
            I only have 1/10 acre to start, but will add more later, of some very depleted soils.
            The ground covers are the easiest way to do this, but I lack equipment, so am trying to innovate, so as to get vegetables the first year. Try doing some with just a shovel, and I'll listen.
            Keep us posted on your progress!
            Michael

          • grannis04
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 18, 2009
              --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Michael Meredith
              <meredith848@...> wrote:

              > Steve, you are doing good, similar to my own thinking, just 150
              miles south of you.
              > I only have 1/10 acre to start, but will add more later, of some
              very depleted soils.
              > The ground covers are the easiest way to do this, but I lack
              equipment, so am trying to innovate, so as to get vegetables the first
              year. Try doing some with just a shovel, and I'll listen.
              > Keep us posted on your progress!
              > Michael

              Micheal, I've been working my natural areas with only a scythe and a
              rake. Fukuoka mentions a scythe in his writing and I think it is key
              to a low labor high output biological system. I've done okay with
              first year crops but it really depends on the plants that are living
              on your land now. If you have mixed grasses with some clover and
              dandelion then a first year crop is possible. The foremost
              consideration is keeping the earth covered with either green or brown.
              That's cover growth or light mulches. The Earth has a skin and like
              ours it must be cared for, when there is a cut medicine plants go
              there first, we can help in the process by dressing the wound with
              mulches (band-aids). This is winter when our winter gardens flourish
              in our mind's eye. Thanks, Steve
            • cathrine sodi
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 3, 2009
                it is important to learn about the ill effects of un natural agri culture, thanks raju, you encourage us to keep sewing the seeds that mother nature has given us

              • wongso
                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 5, 2009
                  Bienvenue!

                  Nous sommes a l'ile maurice...