RE: [fukuoka_farming] natural farming

  • souscayrous
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 22 11:03 PM
      Hello Kostas, you are very lucky to have Panos so close by as, from what I
      understand, Fukuoka acknowledges him as continuing his work. I'm sure the
      whole group would appreciate any photos you might have to share of your land
      and perhaps Panos' too. Perhaps you might upload them to the members area of
      this forum on the groups homepage
      www.groups.yahoo.com/group/fukuoka_farming, then just click on the 'photos'
      to the left of the page and follow the instructions.

      I believe Fukuoka spends most of his time now with his family on Shikoku,
      but perhaps he still travels to Tokyo sometimes where he stays with Yuko
      Honma. He does have problems walking now, but at the age of 93 he still
      enjoys good health and a sharp mind, as the recent lecture at the Expo in
      Aichi shows.

      Good luck with posting the photos and continuing your natural farm,

      Jamie
      Souscayrous

      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 23 7:46 AM
        >Message: 3
        > Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:24:43 -0400
        > From: "Akbar Khan" <akhan@...>
        >Subject: Re: natural farming
        >
        >Please please please post some pictures. Does any one know about Fukuoka
        >San? How old is he now and where does he live currently??
        >Akbar

        Hello Akbar,

        When Fukuoka-San visited here in 1986, he gave his age as 75.
        Therefore, depending on his birth date, he would now be either 94 or
        95 years of age.

        -Forest

        --
        Inside Passage Seeds and Native Plant Services
        Forest Shomer, owner
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 24 1:59 AM
          My mailing address is Venus. I live between Mansfield and Venus
          south of Dallas, and a bit west of it, in Johnson County.

          Gloria

          --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Akbar Khan" <akhan@t...>
          wrote:
          > Gloria where in Texas is your farm located? My sister lives in
          Dallas and
          > they have some land in another small town.
          > Akbar

          Europe, I
          > > am most interested if this Fukuoka-style farm in Greece has had
          any
          > > problems?
          > >
          > > I ask this because it has occurred to me that much of the problem
          is
          > > the manner of farming done...that it has added to the problem
          making it
          > > much worse. I have wondered if Natural Farming would adapt much
          better
          > > to all that is occurring. You would be the best to tell us the
          answers
          > > to this.
          > >
          > > Welcome to the group!
          > >
          > > Gloria Baikauskas
          > > Texas, USA
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • karoubas
          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 25 8:53 AM
            Hello Jamie,
            I posted some photos in the photos section - hopefully I will go up to
            Edessa and see Panagiotis again this coming week and take some more
            photos - he has a group of volunteers/students from around the world,
            and maybe they will allow me to take some photos while they are making
            seed balls.
            Kostas

            --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "souscayrous"

          • Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry
            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 25 11:15 PM
              > Hello Jamie,
              > I posted some photos in the photos section - hopefully I will go up to
              > Edessa and see Panagiotis again this coming week and take some more
              > photos - he has a group of volunteers/students from around the world,
              > and maybe they will allow me to take some photos while they are making
              > seed balls.
              > Kostas

              i am curious if he is irrigating and how .
              jean-claude

            • Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry
              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 25 11:24 PM
                hello Jaimie
                glad to hear from you . i met a couple this summer in california that are
                from italy and talk to us about you and your partner in natural farming ,
                that was an amazing coincidence their name are clara scropitta and yan
                vai.how your project is doing?about masanobu fukuoka, my calculation bring
                its age to 92 considering i met him 9 and half year ago in india when he was
                83 . so 92 , 93 sound right.
                jean-claude

              • souscayrous
                Message 7 of 20 , Sep 29 5:15 AM
                  Hello Jean-Claude, I think I remember Clara, she had a young child with her
                  during the Synergistic Course at Ontignano, Florence, called Luna?

                  We're now back in France full time and have just bought 4 hectares of land
                  (poor) and a ruin, which, inspired by Fukuoka and Panos (to who I must
                  surely go one day soon), we are looking to make into a 'natural farm'. I'm
                  finally beginning to understand that there really is nothing that needs to
                  be done.

                  Jamie

                  glad to hear from you . i met a couple this summer in california that are
                  from italy and talk to us about you and your partner in natural farming ,
                  that was an amazing coincidence their name are clara scropitta and yan
                  vai.how your project is doing?about masanobu fukuoka, my calculation bring
                  its age to 92 considering i met him 9 and half year ago in india when he was
                  83 . so 92 , 93 sound right.
                  jean-claude

                  > Hello Kostas, you are very lucky to have Panos so close by as, from what I
                  > understand, Fukuoka acknowledges him as continuing his work. I'm sure the
                  > whole group would appreciate any photos you might have to share of your
                  > land
                  > and perhaps Panos' too. Perhaps you might upload them to the members area
                  > of
                  > this forum on the groups homepage
                  > www.groups.yahoo.com/group/fukuoka_farming, then just click on the
                  > 'photos'
                  > to the left of the page and follow the instructions.
                  >
                  > I believe Fukuoka spends most of his time now with his family on Shikoku,
                  > but perhaps he still travels to Tokyo sometimes where he stays with Yuko
                  > Honma. He does have problems walking now, but at the age of 93 he still
                  > enjoys good health and a sharp mind, as the recent lecture at the Expo in
                  > Aichi shows.
                  >
                  > Good luck with posting the photos and continuing your natural farm,
                  >

                  > Jamie
                  > Souscayrous

                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • Michael Meredith
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 17, 2009
                    Steve, you are doing good, similar to my own thinking, just 150 miles south of you.
                    I only have 1/10 acre to start, but will add more later, of some very depleted soils.
                    The ground covers are the easiest way to do this, but I lack equipment, so am trying to innovate, so as to get vegetables the first year. Try doing some with just a shovel, and I'll listen.
                    Keep us posted on your progress!
                    Michael

                  • grannis04
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 18, 2009
                      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Michael Meredith
                      <meredith848@...> wrote:

                      > Steve, you are doing good, similar to my own thinking, just 150
                      miles south of you.
                      > I only have 1/10 acre to start, but will add more later, of some
                      very depleted soils.
                      > The ground covers are the easiest way to do this, but I lack
                      equipment, so am trying to innovate, so as to get vegetables the first
                      year. Try doing some with just a shovel, and I'll listen.
                      > Keep us posted on your progress!
                      > Michael

                      Micheal, I've been working my natural areas with only a scythe and a
                      rake. Fukuoka mentions a scythe in his writing and I think it is key
                      to a low labor high output biological system. I've done okay with
                      first year crops but it really depends on the plants that are living
                      on your land now. If you have mixed grasses with some clover and
                      dandelion then a first year crop is possible. The foremost
                      consideration is keeping the earth covered with either green or brown.
                      That's cover growth or light mulches. The Earth has a skin and like
                      ours it must be cared for, when there is a cut medicine plants go
                      there first, we can help in the process by dressing the wound with
                      mulches (band-aids). This is winter when our winter gardens flourish
                      in our mind's eye. Thanks, Steve
                    • cathrine sodi
                      Message 10 of 20 , Oct 3, 2009
                        it is important to learn about the ill effects of un natural agri culture, thanks raju, you encourage us to keep sewing the seeds that mother nature has given us

                      • wongso
                        Message 11 of 20 , Oct 5, 2009
                          Bienvenue!

                          Nous sommes a l'ile maurice...