Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: How I currently garden (long)

  • michael
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 23, 2005
      Make a pond of any size. Toads will come the year after. Thousands of
      tadpoles will mature in tiny toads. Tiny toads will spread through the
      area and become big toads by eating slugs. It works. I did so 25 years
      ago and still benefit. I occasionally find a tiny toad in our distant
      prairie, looking for edible bugs.

      On Jul 28, 2005, at 3:07 PM, irene@... wrote:

      > but there just isn't
      > any getting around the problem of the slugs.
    • earthworks111
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 24, 2009
        Hello to all,

        We have a small vineyard/nursery in upstate NY, US. We are gradually
        improving the soil using Fukuoka's methods for the most part.

        When I am mowing I leave the white Dutch and Crimson clovers to go to seed, they are rapidly gaining ground. The goal is to let them
        basically take over as a ground cover and ultimately have the soil be self sustaining. I'm looking forward to parking the mower permanently.

        Couple of questions.
        (1) Do you folks have a supplier that you could recommend for White Dutch clover seed that isn't to expensive in larger quantities?

        (2) Would anybody have a method that they could recommend for
        harvesting seed from existing clover that is ready? I was wondering if there might be some kind of comb/rake thingy available somewhere.

        That's about it for now. Very pleased to be here.

        Peace to all,
        David
      • abhijit_100
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 27, 2012
          Hello Friends,
          My name is Abhijit Deshpande from Pune, India.
          I am a small entrepreneur and 'currently' run a small software company. I say 'currently' because I have been doing a lot of things.
          From 2008 to 2011 I had taken a sabbatical to pursue natural farming and have immensely enjoyed 3 years living with my wife and son on the farm.
          We tried everything from natural enemies to bokashi to carborized rice hull.
          With my first hand experience I would like to share my experiences and thoughts with all of you in natural and sustainable farming.

          Regards
          Abhijit D.
        • Nandan Palaparambil
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 28, 2012
            Welcome Abhijit..

            Yes, would like to hear from you about your natural farming/living experiences

            Regards,
            Nandan

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 28, 2012
              On Friday 28 December 2012 04:50:20 abhijit_100 wrote:
              > Hello Friends,
              > My name is Abhijit Deshpande from Pune, India.
              > I am a small entrepreneur and 'currently' run a small software company. I
              > say 'currently' because I have been doing a lot of things. From 2008 to
              > 2011 I had taken a sabbatical to pursue natural farming and have immensely
              > enjoyed 3 years living with my wife and son on the farm. We tried
              > everything from natural enemies to bokashi to carborized rice hull. With my
              > first hand experience I would like to share my experiences and thoughts
              > with all of you in natural and sustainable farming.
              >
              > Regards
              > Abhijit D.

              Yeah, tell us more!

              --
              Marcos Guglielmetti

              ((*J*))
              www.musix.org.ar
              www.ovejafm.com
              www.softwarelibre.org.ar

              "The beginning of the mistake is from growing meat for the king and wine for the church."
              http://www.context.org/ICLIB/IC14/Fukuoka.htm