RE: [fukuoka_farming] natural farming

  • souscayrous
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 22, 2005
      Hello Kostas, you are very lucky to have Panos so close by as, from what I
      understand, Fukuoka acknowledges him as continuing his work. I'm sure the
      whole group would appreciate any photos you might have to share of your land
      and perhaps Panos' too. Perhaps you might upload them to the members area of
      this forum on the groups homepage
      www.groups.yahoo.com/group/fukuoka_farming, then just click on the 'photos'
      to the left of the page and follow the instructions.

      I believe Fukuoka spends most of his time now with his family on Shikoku,
      but perhaps he still travels to Tokyo sometimes where he stays with Yuko
      Honma. He does have problems walking now, but at the age of 93 he still
      enjoys good health and a sharp mind, as the recent lecture at the Expo in
      Aichi shows.

      Good luck with posting the photos and continuing your natural farm,

      Jamie
      Souscayrous

      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 23, 2005
        >Message: 3
        > Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:24:43 -0400
        > From: "Akbar Khan" <akhan@...>
        >Subject: Re: natural farming
        >
        >Please please please post some pictures. Does any one know about Fukuoka
        >San? How old is he now and where does he live currently??
        >Akbar

        Hello Akbar,

        When Fukuoka-San visited here in 1986, he gave his age as 75.
        Therefore, depending on his birth date, he would now be either 94 or
        95 years of age.

        -Forest

        --
        Inside Passage Seeds and Native Plant Services
        Forest Shomer, owner
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 23, 2005
          Gloria where in Texas is your farm located? My sister lives in Dallas and
          they have some land in another small town.
          Akbar
          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 24, 2005
            My mailing address is Venus. I live between Mansfield and Venus
            south of Dallas, and a bit west of it, in Johnson County.

            Gloria

            --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Akbar Khan" <akhan@t...>
            wrote:
            > Gloria where in Texas is your farm located? My sister lives in
            Dallas and
            > they have some land in another small town.
            > Akbar

          • karoubas
            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 25, 2005
              Hello Jamie,
              I posted some photos in the photos section - hopefully I will go up to
              Edessa and see Panagiotis again this coming week and take some more
              photos - he has a group of volunteers/students from around the world,
              and maybe they will allow me to take some photos while they are making
              seed balls.
              Kostas

              --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "souscayrous"

            • Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry
              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 25, 2005
                > Hello Jamie,
                > I posted some photos in the photos section - hopefully I will go up to
                > Edessa and see Panagiotis again this coming week and take some more
                > photos - he has a group of volunteers/students from around the world,
                > and maybe they will allow me to take some photos while they are making
                > seed balls.
                > Kostas

                i am curious if he is irrigating and how .
                jean-claude

              • Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry
                Message 7 of 20 , Sep 25, 2005
                  hello Jaimie
                  glad to hear from you . i met a couple this summer in california that are
                  from italy and talk to us about you and your partner in natural farming ,
                  that was an amazing coincidence their name are clara scropitta and yan
                  vai.how your project is doing?about masanobu fukuoka, my calculation bring
                  its age to 92 considering i met him 9 and half year ago in india when he was
                  83 . so 92 , 93 sound right.
                  jean-claude

                • souscayrous
                  Message 8 of 20 , Sep 29, 2005
                    Hello Jean-Claude, I think I remember Clara, she had a young child with her
                    during the Synergistic Course at Ontignano, Florence, called Luna?

                    We're now back in France full time and have just bought 4 hectares of land
                    (poor) and a ruin, which, inspired by Fukuoka and Panos (to who I must
                    surely go one day soon), we are looking to make into a 'natural farm'. I'm
                    finally beginning to understand that there really is nothing that needs to
                    be done.

                    Jamie

                    glad to hear from you . i met a couple this summer in california that are
                    from italy and talk to us about you and your partner in natural farming ,
                    that was an amazing coincidence their name are clara scropitta and yan
                    vai.how your project is doing?about masanobu fukuoka, my calculation bring
                    its age to 92 considering i met him 9 and half year ago in india when he was
                    83 . so 92 , 93 sound right.
                    jean-claude

                    > Hello Kostas, you are very lucky to have Panos so close by as, from what I
                    > understand, Fukuoka acknowledges him as continuing his work. I'm sure the
                    > whole group would appreciate any photos you might have to share of your
                    > land
                    > and perhaps Panos' too. Perhaps you might upload them to the members area
                    > of
                    > this forum on the groups homepage
                    > www.groups.yahoo.com/group/fukuoka_farming, then just click on the
                    > 'photos'
                    > to the left of the page and follow the instructions.
                    >
                    > I believe Fukuoka spends most of his time now with his family on Shikoku,
                    > but perhaps he still travels to Tokyo sometimes where he stays with Yuko
                    > Honma. He does have problems walking now, but at the age of 93 he still
                    > enjoys good health and a sharp mind, as the recent lecture at the Expo in
                    > Aichi shows.
                    >
                    > Good luck with posting the photos and continuing your natural farm,
                    >

                    > Jamie
                    > Souscayrous

                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                  • Michael Meredith
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 17, 2009
                      Steve, you are doing good, similar to my own thinking, just 150 miles south of you.
                      I only have 1/10 acre to start, but will add more later, of some very depleted soils.
                      The ground covers are the easiest way to do this, but I lack equipment, so am trying to innovate, so as to get vegetables the first year. Try doing some with just a shovel, and I'll listen.
                      Keep us posted on your progress!
                      Michael

                    • grannis04
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jan 18, 2009
                        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Michael Meredith
                        <meredith848@...> wrote:

                        > Steve, you are doing good, similar to my own thinking, just 150
                        miles south of you.
                        > I only have 1/10 acre to start, but will add more later, of some
                        very depleted soils.
                        > The ground covers are the easiest way to do this, but I lack
                        equipment, so am trying to innovate, so as to get vegetables the first
                        year. Try doing some with just a shovel, and I'll listen.
                        > Keep us posted on your progress!
                        > Michael

                        Micheal, I've been working my natural areas with only a scythe and a
                        rake. Fukuoka mentions a scythe in his writing and I think it is key
                        to a low labor high output biological system. I've done okay with
                        first year crops but it really depends on the plants that are living
                        on your land now. If you have mixed grasses with some clover and
                        dandelion then a first year crop is possible. The foremost
                        consideration is keeping the earth covered with either green or brown.
                        That's cover growth or light mulches. The Earth has a skin and like
                        ours it must be cared for, when there is a cut medicine plants go
                        there first, we can help in the process by dressing the wound with
                        mulches (band-aids). This is winter when our winter gardens flourish
                        in our mind's eye. Thanks, Steve
                      • cathrine sodi
                        Message 11 of 20 , Oct 3, 2009
                          it is important to learn about the ill effects of un natural agri culture, thanks raju, you encourage us to keep sewing the seeds that mother nature has given us

                        • wongso
                          Message 12 of 20 , Oct 5, 2009
                            Bienvenue!

                            Nous sommes a l'ile maurice...