Re: [fukuoka_farming] fig trees

  • Beatrice Gilboa
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 23, 2005
      >> did some of you notice the conditions and companion plants
      where figs are growing and reproducing wild ?

      Here fig trees are often seen growing in wild sapce with almond trees.

      Maybe pomegranate tree would be also a good companion...?

      Best wishes
      Beatrice
      Udim, Israel
    • Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 23, 2005
        >>> did some of you notice the conditions and companion plants
        > where figs are growing and reproducing wild ?
        >
        > Here fig trees are often seen growing in wild sapce with almond trees.
        >
        > Maybe pomegranate tree would be also a good companion...?

        thank you for that, i was also more curious about smaller companion plants
        from ground cover to small bushes .did you notice something?
        jean-claude
      • Beatrice Gilboa
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 24, 2005
          >> i was also more curious about smaller companion plants
          from ground cover to small bushes .did you notice something?

          - Salvia is doing very well here around almond and fig trees
          Rosmary is also never far from area where they grow, but I never saw them
          realy aside. I suppose it likes the same rocky basis soil... I'll enquire
          visually more precisely in a few days for you

          Best wishes Jean Claude!
          Beatrice
          Udim, Israel