Re: Anybody tried growing Basmati rice? Plus an introduction.

  • Gloria C. Baikauskas
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 8, 2005
      I don't know, Berin. I think it is happening globally. My fruit
      trees also did not bloom this year. My grapes are not going to have
      grapes this year for the first time. My tomatoes are ripening, but I
      didn't plant very many. One of my friends had so many tomatoes this
      year they really almost wish the plants would die. They also live
      here. The only thing he did differently is that he added calcium to
      his soil where the tomatoes are. Research does show that both
      tomatoes and potatoes do better when calcium is added. That isn't
      very Fukuokan.....but I thought I would tell you. The yields are
      reportedly 25% higher with calcium.

      I mentioned in an earlier post tonight that this same report has been
      repeated on the organic gardening list I own. I do not know if it is
      global warming,etc.

      Gloria, Texas
      US

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "berinerturk"