Re: Curious

  • Gloria C. Baikauskas
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2005
      I suspect it is because in other parts of the world they perceive they
      have a problem they need to correct. And/or they see the need to do a
      better job of gardening/farming without disrupting the
      environment...Mom Nature. In North America it is still very easy to
      get into an argument with someone over whether it is necessary to use
      even organic processes when it is so easy to do it the chemical way.

      Of course, here we realize (on this group), that the chemical way is
      not easier. So often this Fukuoka way is called a 'do nothing'
      process. We also know that is not the case.

      Even in this group there are those who try to achieve Natural
      Farming/Gardening using methods of other gardening/farming gurus...and
      say they are using Fukuoka's methodology.

      Part of the problem as I see it is that Fukuoka himself has done little
      to try to promote his methods in the US. It is even difficult to get
      his books here. And yet...many on this list are in North America...and
      there are places in which only Fukuoka's work are used. I cannot say
      how widespread it is.

      Gloria, Texas

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Garrett Miller
      <y0ungmanriver@y...> wrote:
      > It seems to me that Natural Farming is less practiced in North
      America than in other parts of the world. I'm not sure if this
      statement is accurate, but if it is are there any specific pronounced
      obstacles, besides cultural ones, that make this form of agriculture
      more difficult to practice on this continent than elsewhere?