ECOLOGICAL FARMING IN HOSHANGABAD,INDIA

  • tejigrover
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2005
      DEAR FRIENDS
      I am writing on behalf of a family of Fukuoka farmers in Central
      India who set up their farm sometime in the eighties when Fukuoka
      was visiting central India to take a look at the then FRIENDS RURAL
      CENTRE,RASULIA-- where his book was published in India for the first
      time.
      I am a Hindi writer,writing poetry and fiction and have recently
      resigned my university job and moved from northern India to this
      part of the country primarily with a view to help develop a support
      group for ecological farming.
      The family I am talking about isn't altogether unknown in these
      circles and I am sure the names of Raju Titus and his wife Shalini
      Titus do ring a bell for some of you.
      We'll soon try to set up a modest website to acquaint you in some
      detail with the activities of this farm--they need to network and
      get some support almost immediately--and are all set to receive
      people on their farm for sharing their experiences with them.
      They have been training local farming communities for years,though
      not in any systematic way, and have been receiving enthusiasts from
      all over the world,and would now like to connect up with all of you.
      This is just a first feeler...and if and when we hear from you,we do
      hope to be able tocontinue the dialogue.
      Looking forward
      With love and peace
      ,<Ms.>.Teji Grover