Places to work and learn...

  • Ruben
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 16, 2005
      Hi.

      New on this list I introduce myself:
      I'm 20 years old, I'm actually living in France in a squatted place where
      we try to develop an autonomous and ecological way of life, refusing
      nuclear energy, city's water and setting up a little garden for our
      needs.

      I'm interested by Fukuoka's natural farming and Mollison's permaculture,
      and I've readen books related to this topics; I also like essays, in
      particular about technician/industrial society.

      I'll be leaving France bike riding during the next month to travel a bit
      before find a place where I could stay and work on natural farming,
      permaculture and non-industrial/alternatives technics.I want to travel in
      a spirit of "voluntarian simplicity" taking few things and with few
      money, to meet people and way of lifes, discover agropastoral societies,
      learn things and technics, simply enjoy the life and the nature and so
      on...

      I think I'll go east with my bike, hitch hicking or taking some trains
      when tired; (East of Europe, Russia, Mongolia, China, Tibet, Nepal,
      India..)
      Then I would like to go to south of america, but I don't know yet if it
      will be possible like I have a very little budget and like I don't want
      to take the plane and working on ships for a place in it seems having
      become hard.

      So I have a question:
      Does anybody here knows some places practicating natural farming (or
      eventually with a designed permacultural approch) where I would be able
      to stay some days, or eventually more, working in "exchange" for some
      food and a place to sleep?
      Like that I could meet people, learn, help and work; that is what I'm
      looking for and I think it could be interesting for me and for people
      accomodating me.

      So if somebody knows a person who could be interrested (maybe one of
      you?), some places where it could be interresting to go, or anything
      more, please tell me!

      Sorry to ask ssth in my first post, and hoping that I'll be able to help
      people here.

      Thanks and regards.

      Ruben
    • Akbar Khan