Re: [fukuoka_farming] Digest Number 956

  • Thomas Younger
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2005
      Garrett,

      I would say to read and reread The One Straw
      Revolution especially the sections relevant to the
      type of farming you are interested in and more
      importantly try some farming or gardening on a small
      scale. I am in the process of transforming a former
      pasture that has been left for 7 years into a pear
      orchard with an understory of vegetables that have
      naturalized themselves. In those seven years nature
      did not stop for a moment. Different plant
      communities have come up and the rabbit population has
      really increased. Fukuoka wrote that each person
      needs to understand their land and teach themselves to
      a great extent.

      That being said I know that the Ecology Centre in
      Waterloo, Ontario is holding a one week Permaculture
      design course in mid July. If that is what you
      wanted. I have also learned a lot from Larry Haftl 's
      website.

      Sincerely
      Tom

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/5EPjYB/esnJAA/a8ILAA/bAOolB/TM

      > There is 1 message in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. Searching
      > From: Garrett Miller
      > <y0ungmanriver@...>

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 18:14:19 -0700 (PDT)
      > From: Garrett Miller <y0ungmanriver@...>
      > Subject: Searching
      >
      > Howdy all! I'm new to the group and sent one email
      > already but I'm not sure it was received so I
      > thought I'd try it again. I'm an aspiring farmer
      > with loads of natural farming questions, but I
      > thought I'd start with the one that's most heavily
      > pressing on my mind. Simply put, where can I
      > intensely study the methods of natural farming. I
      > sincerely desire to gain first hand experience in
      > these methods and become more exposed to this vital
      > and consequential knowledge in any way and every
      > possible. I am more than willing to offer my time,
      > energy, skills, etc, but I just need to know where.
      > Can anyone help steer me on my course. Thanks.
      >
      > Garrett

      > removed]

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Jason
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 14, 2005
        Try finding an organic farm that accepts interns. I know of at least
        one in our area that does. What area are you in?

        http://mail.yahoo.com