altenatives of burn woods to open new farms???

  • Diego Villegas Kau
    Message 1 of 5 , May 9 7:47 AM
      Hi

      It´s so hard leaving "comfortable" way of life. The house, the work, etc. But when one could not breath, sleep, eat in peace; since knowing It isn´t the right way; then you must make decisions: Say good bye to the city, the office and western development.

      Sorry, ´cause maybe this mail is a little no technical matters. And sorry again ´cause my poor english.

      My ask is:

      Do you know some alternative ways to avoid burn woods and bushes as a traditional way to open new farms in tropical woods?

      Diego Villegas

      PD: By the moment I have to choices to get some land:

      1.- 70 ha with forest, but far away of town

      2.- 30 ha closer to a little town. With 08 ha among manihot, bananas, coconut and others; and 22 ha of forest

      Sergio Montinola <sjmosprey2001@...> escribió: I am willing to help you. I am from the Philippines
      also a tropical country.

      What do you need and I will try to answer your
      questions in the development of Permaculture.

      There are books you may acquire and learn more. Go to
      the internet and get yourself all the information you
      need.

      Looking forward to hearing from you again.

      Sergio J. Montinola

      --- Diego wrote:
      > Hi everybody
      >
      > I´m Diego Villegas, a new member. I´m thinking and
      > planning about to
      > try permaculture in Rain Forest in Perú, where I´m
      > living and working.
      >
      > I´d be pleased to get some info or links to
      > permaculture in tropics,
      > ´cause here the agriculture is devastating woods.
      >
      > Also I got tired to be in an office trying
      > "sustainable development"
      > (to supply cities), and no getting any development
      > to people.
      >
      > Well, I apologize about my poor english, it is not
      > my native tongue.
      >
      > Thanks

      Yahoo! Mail

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Partha Biswas
      Message 2 of 5 , May 9 10:09 PM
        Hiii, Diego,This is partha biswas from India.I am also in your family
        and our thought is same like yours.what type of books you have already
        gone through regarding fukuoka way of farming?

        On 5/9/05, Diego Villegas Kau <diegozen2002@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > It´s so hard leaving "comfortable" way of life. The house, the work, etc.
        > But when one could not breath, sleep, eat in peace; since knowing It isn´t
        > the right way; then you must make decisions: Say good bye to the city, the
        > office and western development.
        >
        > Sorry, ´cause maybe this mail is a little no technical matters. And sorry
        > again ´cause my poor english.
        >
        > My ask is:
        >
        > Do you know some alternative ways to avoid burn woods and bushes as a
        > traditional way to open new farms in tropical woods?
        >

        > Diego Villegas
        >

        > PD: By the moment I have to choices to get some land:
        >
        > 1.- 70 ha with forest, but far away of town
        >
        > 2.- 30 ha closer to a little town. With 08 ha among manihot, bananas,
        > coconut and others; and 22 ha of forest
        >

        > Sergio Montinola <sjmosprey2001@...> escribió: I am willing to help
        > you. I am from the Philippines
        > also a tropical country.
        >
        > What do you need and I will try to answer your
        > questions in the development of Permaculture.
        >
        > There are books you may acquire and learn more. Go to
        > the internet and get yourself all the information you
        > need.
        >
        > Looking forward to hearing from you again.
        >
        > Sergio J. Montinola
        >

        > --- Diego wrote:
        > > Hi everybody
        > >
        > > I´m Diego Villegas, a new member. I´m thinking and
        > > planning about to
        > > try permaculture in Rain Forest in Perú, where I´m
        > > living and working.
        > >
        > > I´d be pleased to get some info or links to
        > > permaculture in tropics,
        > > ´cause here the agriculture is devastating woods.
        > >
        > > Also I got tired to be in an office trying
        > > "sustainable development"
        > > (to supply cities), and no getting any development
        > > to people.
        > >
        > > Well, I apologize about my poor english, it is not
        > > my native tongue.
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > >

        > Yahoo! Mail

        Partha Biswas,Ph.-+919830511359
      • katrika@altern.org
        Message 3 of 5 , May 10 4:35 AM
          Hello
          I'm Rémi from france, iworked a little year in india,
          i advice you to be not so far from town because loneliness is quite
          difficult to stand, and no need so big area, because it's better to begin
          little and slowly.
          About the alternative to fire for opening tyhe land;
          perhaps cuttinng few trees,bushes, and pruning other to make place under
          and keeping some shade .
          Have you got fruit trees, medicinal using plant among your forest , this
          is important to keep, and easier to cultivate a wild variety.
          important to stay nearest the local way of ecosystem,
          ( my english is not better than yours, no need for sorry communicating is
          the only important thing)

          good luck
          Rémi

          > It´s so hard leaving "comfortable" way of life. The house, the
          > work, etc. But when one could not breath, sleep, eat in peace; since
          > knowing It isn´t the right way; then you must make decisions: Say good
          > bye to the city, the office and western development.
          >
          > Sorry, ´cause maybe this mail is a little no technical matters. And sorry
          > again ´cause my poor english.
          >
          > My ask is:
          >
          > Do you know some alternative ways to avoid burn woods and bushes as a
          > traditional way to open new farms in tropical woods?
          >

          > Diego Villegas
          >

          > PD: By the moment I have to choices to get some land:
          >
          > 1.- 70 ha with forest, but far away of town
          >
          > 2.- 30 ha closer to a little town. With 08 ha among manihot, bananas,
          > coconut and others; and 22 ha of forest
          >

          > Sergio Montinola escribió: I am willing to help you. I am from the
          > Philippines
          > also a tropical country.
          >
          > What do you need and I will try to answer your
          > questions in the development of Permaculture.
          >
          > There are books you may acquire and learn more. Go to
          > the internet and get yourself all the information you
          > need.
          >
          > Looking forward to hearing from you again.
          >
          > Sergio J. Montinola
          >

          > --- Diego wrote:
          > > Hi everybody
          > >
          > > I´m Diego Villegas, a new member. I´m thinking and
          > > planning about to
          > > try permaculture in Rain Forest in Perú, where I´m
          > > living and working.
          > >
          > > I´d be pleased to get some info or links to
          > > permaculture in tropics,
          > > ´cause here the agriculture is devastating woods.
          > >
          > > Also I got tired to be in an office trying
          > > "sustainable development"
          > > (to supply cities), and no getting any development
          > > to people.
          > >
          > > Well, I apologize about my poor english, it is not
          > > my native tongue.
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > >

          > Yahoo! Mail

        • ligerodeequipaje
          Message 4 of 5 , May 10 9:56 AM
            Hola Diego

            Curiously, I was reading "Living by Zen" of master D.T. Suzuki when I
            received your message.

            My answer to your question would be:

            I would try to find a way to grow crops in the wood. If it is not
            possible I would adapt myself to the wood and to whatever can be
            produced in there. I would never burn the wood.

            Gashó

            --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Diego Villegas Kau
            <diegozen2002@y...> wrote:

            > Hi
            >
            > It´s so hard leaving "comfortable" way of life. The house, the work,
            etc. But when one could not breath, sleep, eat in peace; since knowing
            It isn´t the right way; then you must make decisions: Say good bye to
            the city, the office and western development.

            > Sorry, ´cause maybe this mail is a little no technical matters. And
            sorry again ´cause my poor english.

            > My ask is:
            >
            > Do you know some alternative ways to avoid burn woods and bushes as
            a traditional way to open new farms in tropical woods?

            > Diego Villegas
            >

            > PD: By the moment I have to choices to get some land:
            >
            > 1.- 70 ha with forest, but far away of town
            >
            > 2.- 30 ha closer to a little town. With 08 ha among manihot,
            bananas, coconut and others; and 22 ha of forest

            > Sergio Montinola <sjmosprey2001@y...> escribió: I am willing to help
            you. I am from the Philippines
            > also a tropical country.
            >
            > What do you need and I will try to answer your
            > questions in the development of Permaculture.
            >
            > There are books you may acquire and learn more. Go to
            > the internet and get yourself all the information you
            > need.
            >
            > Looking forward to hearing from you again.
            >
            > Sergio J. Montinola
            >

            > --- Diego wrote:
            > > Hi everybody
            > >
            > > I´m Diego Villegas, a new member. I´m thinking and
            > > planning about to
            > > try permaculture in Rain Forest in Perú, where I´m
            > > living and working.
            > >
            > > I´d be pleased to get some info or links to
            > > permaculture in tropics,
            > > ´cause here the agriculture is devastating woods.
            > >
            > > Also I got tired to be in an office trying
            > > "sustainable development"
            > > (to supply cities), and no getting any development
            > > to people.
            > >
            > > Well, I apologize about my poor english, it is not
            > > my native tongue.
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > >

            > Yahoo! Mail

          • Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry
            Message 5 of 5 , May 10 9:58 PM
              Do you know some alternative ways to avoid burn woods and bushes as a
              traditional way to open new farms in tropical woods?

              it depend what you call farm land and what plants you want to establish in
              place of the original forest . In the tropic the "agressiveness" of the
              native vegetation can makes it hard to be on top of it , (cutting and
              mulching with the dead branches tronc etc.) as they grow back so fast .
              With the decision to supress destroy or at least alter an ecosytem, comes
              the responsibility of replacing it with a viable solution ( where all plants
              and animals introduced can find a balance between themselves and whatever
              native living beings you want to keep )
              so my advice go slow in the process of transforming an ecosytem into
              another. plant what you want and supress just what is needed( light wise
              especially ) by cutting and mulching and let the other aeras not yet planted
              , alone till you need the space occupied by the original ecosystem.
              overwise there is the danger for you to become slave of your desires ( not a
              good thing from a natural farming perspective )

              takes the time also , before doing anything else, to just observe and be in
              what is and apreciate each plants and animals for how they fit with the
              whole of the present ecosytem . there is here very valuable informations for
              you to learn and get inspired..
              jean-claude