Composting human manure

  • Andres Rattur
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 21, 2005
      Hello, everybody!

      I just wanted to say that I received today fantastic book from USA, which is called "The Humanure Handbook". It's author Joseph Jenkins has composted his humanure over 20 years and used it as a fertilizer in his organic garden.

      To get an imagination about this book, you can visit this page: http://www.joseph-jenkins.com/books_humanure.html
      or read most of this book for free over here: http://www.weblife.org/humanure/default.html

      With best whishes,
      Andres Rattur,
      Estonia!

    • Zack Domike
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 22, 2005
        A few vital points-
        1. On Earth Day, remember the term "Spaceship Earth"
        which means we each should be responsible for our own
        waste. Where does drinking water come from in a
        Spaceship or Spacestation? It is recycled, of course.

        2. The humanure does not go to the leafy veggies. I
        use it for ornamentals.

        3. The theoretical limit to agriculture is nitrogen
        in the soil. To elaborate on the theme, see:
        http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/urine
        "Once aged, it (urine) is a useful accelerator for
        compost."

        Happy Earth Day!
        Zack

        http://mail.yahoo.com