on nothingness; and ecological footprints

  • roberto pokachinni
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2002
      Anybody who has not read Lao Tzu's the Tao Te Ching,
      should consider it a must read in order to fully
      understand the oriental mindset. Coming from a
      western mindset/schoolsystem, it is very easy to slip
      into a rational scientific-I've got to figure this
      out, and make sense of it-type of logic. From reading
      the One Straw Revolution, and Natural Way of Farming,
      I believe that Master Fukuoka, knew both of these
      thought patterns intimately. His work with the
      government of Japan, although in an oriental country,
      was crammed full of dogma, of buraucracy, of western
      thoughtpatterns, and of dominater control features.
      It was upon meditating on all of the information
      crammed in his head, while searching for an easier
      way, that he came to nothingness. It was an
      unexplainable phenomenon. In the Tao Te Ching, this
      is spoken of in many ways, the most obvious of them
      is: the Tao that can be described is not the true
      Tao.
      When I spoke of ecological footprints in my last
      post on Hydroponics, I was speaking of the amount of
      destruction of the Earth's finite resources it takes
      to mine, and manufacture the materials of hydroponics.
      What is the amount of fuel energy that goes into the
      mining, and manufacturing of hydroponic equipment,
      that comes from depletable sources. This deeper look
      into it reveals an increasingly large footprint,
      especially if one considers how much energy, and
      resources are used up in the petroleum refineries,
      wells, tankers, et cetera. each of which gives a small
      bit of it's footprint to the hydroponic system's
      footprint. Also, what is the degree of recycling
      that can be done with the structures of hydroponics,
      so that in the end the footprint is not full of trash
      as well. That is an ecological footprint.
      Now ask yourself: what is the ecological
      footprint of Fukuoka Farming? --roberto

      http://sports.yahoo.com
    • Rex Teague
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8, 2002
        On 3 Mar 02, roberto pokachinni wrote:

        ---8<---

        > It was upon meditating on all of the information crammed in his
        > [Fukuoka's] head, while searching for an easier way, that he came
        > to nothingness. It was an unexplainable phenomenon.

        "Nothingness" was my initial point of intrigue with Fukuoka - to
        answer souscayrous' recent question. (Like Toad I'm "having a spot
        of bother" keeping up with all my email lately). Partner Marie,
        reflecting her Dutch stoicism, concerned herself more with the
        method. Our syncreticism can be very productive at times. 8-/

        May I attempt an explanation of the "unexplainable" by offering the
        following? Prior and at the time of Fukuoka's revelation in his mid-
        twenties, he was badly out of sorts both mentally and physically. A
        'near death experience' that predisposed him to an altered state of
        conciousness.

        Barry Boys of http://www.altered-states.co.nz compiled the
        following list of rates for mental states, colours, physiology, notes,
        etc, several years ago. I have his OK to distribute with the usual
        disclaimer ie experimental... no claim to validity. Values are in Hertz,
        the references were not annotated.

        0.5 - Very relaxing, against headache (MG) for lower back pain (AS)

        1.0 - Feeling of well-being, pituitary stimulation to release growth
        hormone, overall view of inter-relationships, harmony and balance
        (MG)

        1-3 - DELTA, deep dreamless sleep, trance state, non-REM sleep

        1.45 - Tri-thalamic entrainment format. According to Ronald deStrulle
        creates entrainment between hypothalamus, pituitary and pineal. May
        benefit dyslexics and people with Alzheimers (MP2)

        2.5 - Pain relief, relaxation (MG) production of endogenous opiates
        (EQ)

        3.4 - Sound sleep

        3.5 - Feeling of unity with everything, accelerated language retention,
        enhancement of receptivity (MG)

        4.0 - Enkephalins, extrasensory perception (MG)

        4-6 - Attitude and behaviour change (MH)

        4-7 - THETA, recall, fantasy, imagery, creativity, planning, dreaming
        switching thoughts, Zen meditation, drowsiness

        4.9 - Theta brain wave

        5.0 - Unusual problem solving

        5.5 - Moves beyond knowledge to knowing, shows vision of growth
        needed, Tantra Kundalini

        6.0 - Long term memory stimulation

        6.3 - Astral projection, accelerated learning and increased memory
        retention

        7.0 - Mental and astral projection, psychic surgery, bending objects

        7.5 - Inter-awareness of self and purpose, guided meditation,
        creativity, contact with spirit guides, entry into meditation (MG)

        7.83 - Earth's resonance, grounding, 'Schumann Resonance'

        8.0 - Level for past life-regression

        8.3 - Third eye opening for some people, pick-up visual imagery of
        mental objects

        8-10 - Learning new information (MH)

        8-13 - ALPHA, relaxed, tranquil and non-drowsy, inward awareness,
        bodymind

        9.0 - Awareness of causes of body imbalance and means for balance

        9.41 - Pyramid frequency - outside

        9.6 - Mean dominant frequency associated with the Earth's magnetic
        field (EQ)

        10.0 - Enhanced release of serotnin and mood elevator, universally
        benefical, use to try effects of other mixes (MG) Acts as an analgesic,
        safest frequency especially for hangover and jet lag (EQ) Meq
        Patterson used for nicotine withdrawal (MB) Pain - endorphin release,
        for cravings - serotonergic effect (LB)

        10.2 - Beautiful for the body

        10.5 - Healing of the body, body/mind unity, firewalking, potent
        stabilizer and stimulating for the immunity, valuable in convalescence
        (MG)

        10.6 - Relaxed and alert

        10.8 - Total knowing

        12.0 - Centering, doorway to all frequencies

        13-30 - Normal wakefulness

        14-16 - Associated with sleep spindles on EEG during second stage
        sleep. (EQ)

        14.0 - Awake and alert

        15.0 - Chronic pain (MG)

        16.0 - Bottom limit of normal hearing (MP2)

        18-22 - BETA, outward awareness, sensory data

        20.0 - Fatigue, energise, causes stress during labour (EQ)

        27.5 - Lowest note of piano (MP2)

        30.0 - Meg Patterson used for marijuana (MB3) insomnia,
        amphetamine withdrawal, heroin withdrawal (LB)

        30-190 - Lumbago (AT)

        30.0 - HIGH BETA, a few people able to replicate at will

        32.0 - Desensitiser, enhanced vigour and alertness (MG)

        33.0 - Christ consciousness, hypersensitivity, pyramid frequency -
        inside

        35.0 - Awakening of mid-chakras, balance of chakras

        38.0 - Endorphin release (WL)

        40.0 - Dominant when problem solving in fearful situations (EQ)

        40-60 - Anxiolytic effects and stimulates release of beta endorphines
        (MG)

        Cheerio... Rex