Re: [fukuoka_farming] No ploughing..

  • buttahfly@xprs.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 4, 2005
      hi Les
      Sounds exciting what you are doing. I have not had a spare moment since we
      contacted, still hoping to drop by for a visit.Haven't been on the internet
      even for weeks. Just about to move my shop out of Clearlake Oaks and to the
      land by April 11.
      Brian Kennedy
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 5, 2005
        Good to hear from you Brian,

        I'm getting on do for another soak, might get your way
        i'll try to let you know in advance if i can. You get
        down this way pop in. Broke a few rules to day in the
        old goat pen and built three small beds the pen is
        steep could be as much as a 1' drop in 6' to 10' think
        i'll check tomorrow. So i contoured them in with a hoe
        than we collected up the sprouts and replanted in the
        first bed. they are only 4' by 12' in this area took a
        good part of the day due to the compaction of the
        goats. don't like breaking the ground but the slope is
        hard to walk on and needs the leveling of the beds to
        walk without slipping this area is bare of grass i'll
        try to get some pictures tomorrow. i also need some
        semi control areas for my markets and demonstration
        planting as we did the wild areas is a big stretch for
        many in this area, so a bit of both will help them
        open up to the possibility.

        i'll look to hear from you as you get settled in,Do
        you want to talk about doing a melon patch together?
        you have the heat i may have the market place.

        Do Well, Les

        --- buttahfly@... wrote:

        > hi Les
        > Sounds exciting what you are doing. I have not had
        > a spare moment since we
        > contacted, still hoping to drop by for a
        > visit.Haven't been on the Internet
        > even for weeks. Just about to move my shop out of
        > Clearlake Oaks and to the
        > land by April 11.
        > Brian Kennedy
        >> > --- sbecc@... wrote:

        __________________________________
        Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
      • buttahfly@xprs.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 6, 2005
          I would be open to a melon patch, I'll mention it to my partner. We would
          love to visit, and welcome your visits as well. My cell is 707 695 6544. I
          was down in Santa Rosa yesterday but it was getting dark, I would have gone
          over to Sebaastopol if it had been a bit earlier. I am still open to helping
          with welding on your solar H2O setup, I want to do one for myself as well. I
          fixed up an old h2o heater as a kettle with a 2 inch drain, and use it with
          propane now. It heats 15 gal or so in 20 min and then I drain it into a half
          wine barrel for a low rent hot tub, works great. Plan to do with wood and
          with solar soon.
          Best,