Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: bentonite clay for making seedballs

  • Beatrice Gilboa
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 28, 2005
      >> I recall that my friend used vetonite not bentonite.
      Don't know why this was his choice.

      Malika, as a potter, I know that bentonite is a kind of binding material in glazes. It tend to keep together micro grains when they are in a solution. That maybe help for the ball clay to keep element stick to the seeds in it...

      I don't know what is ventonite.
      It doesn't bother me. Don't thing theses details are so important.

      I think any clay will make seed balls.
      I just would prefer to get local clay for that use.
      Bentonite is sell in powder in potter supplyer,
      if you like the idea of it,
      you can add a very small quantity in your local clay.

      All the best
      Beatrice
      Udim, Israel

    • BT Benjaminson
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
        Beatrice shalom
        Do you know the name and phone number of an Israeli supplier of bentonite
        and other clays?
        Thanks and kol tuv
        Bat-Tzion Benjaminson @ very very busy with family now but still interested
        in this topic

        > >> I recall that my friend used vetonite not bentonite.
        > Don't know why this was his choice.
        >
        > Malika, as a potter, I know that bentonite is a kind of binding material
        in glazes. It tend to keep together micro grains when they are in a
        solution. That maybe help for the ball clay to keep element stick to the
        seeds in it...

        > I don't know what is ventonite.
        > It doesn't bother me. Don't thing theses details are so important.
        >
        > I think any clay will make seed balls.
        > I just would prefer to get local clay for that use.
        > Bentonite is sell in powder in potter supplyer,
        > if you like the idea of it,
        > you can add a very small quantity in your local clay.
        >
        > All the best
        > Beatrice
        > Udim, Israel

      • Beatrice Gilboa
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 2, 2005
          >> Do you know the name and phone number of an Israeli supplier of bentonite and other clays?

          1) Minerco Industrial Minerals Co Ltd
          Tel 09-8620459
          Fax 098620459
          (Netanya)